Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you rather????

Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Would you rather????

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Id go with quality from my land. Im into it for the meat. I like big bucks, but my ultamite goal is to put meat in the freezer. Also, im to much of a tight wad to be paying for out of state tags.

Or I look at it this way; The grass is not always greener on the other side of the cesspool.
True, but it might be less crowed

BTW you meat hunter, stop shooting those gamingeatingbig bucks[8D]
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

That is a tough one GMMAT! If it was an absoluteone or the other, I'd have to go with #1. I just love new woods, and new challenges! On the other hand there's no place like home!
Back in MN I have more woods than I could ever hunt, but I haven't hunted it in 3 years, because so far I'm loving the change of hunting in CT! Next year I think I'm going to expand into RI. Mostly because you can hunt RI on sundays, butalso because it's a new woods, and a newchallenge!

Very good question. Now I'm confused!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I know what you guys are saying......but if you don't take a good buck out of your woods......don't "they" "win"? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Yea but they cheat[8D]

Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can I change the rules? I'd rather take a big buck out of my woods each year and then travel to another local to hunt another species. If I can't change the rules then #2. For cost and convenience.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't understand the question. Or maybe I just don't have a "My Woods". I hunt a lot of different areas.

I feel competent in the deer woods ..Mine, yours, or anyone who gives me permission up to and including State Land. I don't need the security blanket of my special"honey hole".

If I'm hunting, I'm after a Buck and most likely holding out, for a better than average one, at that. Yeah they win alot..but when they win I go home happy..when I win they don't go home. So actually they have a lot more to lose!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would much rather take big bucksfrom other places personally, without a doubt. Ive been hunting my woods for 26 years and think I have done pretty good as far as rack size and finding deer in general locally, I wont get much bigger bucksthan this where I live. The main reason is not for possibly getting bigger racks, but more because I would LOVE to get out and hunt some of the US and Canadacountryside from a different tree stand. That would be great, and I plan too do so along with taking some hunting friends in the next few years if things work out for me.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 AM

Personally, I love to hunt all over. I couldn't hunt the same peice of property year after year for the whole season, I'd lose interest. I love to travel, see new country, meet new people and see what the deer are like in different parts of the US and Canada.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any woods I get permission to hunt is "my woods." Even if I hunt with a friend on his property I still expect to do my own scouting and find my own trees. Most of this comes from my early days when friends would think they were helping and set me up in one of their stands and I would struggle as the deer came out on the wrong side of the tree because I'm left handed. Anymore it doesn't matter where I hunt I feel like I have earned whatever I get (even if it is tag soup).
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 AM

I choose number 1, I like hunting different states and areas.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM

Not that I wouldn't like to hunt a different place or state , but I have a sense of pride knowing I took a good buck from my home turf on a regular basis.
It would be great to hunt elsewhere on a piece of land w/ good potential and differing landscape , but given the choice....I'll stay home. And I'll have to add cost into the equation as a factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.