Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Knife Sharpner

Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Knife Sharpner

Guys, I was wondering where I could find a good knife sharpner? I was alwaystold a wet stone was the best but I was wondering if there were any other favorites out there.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kinfe Sharpner

Lansky!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

I really don't know what a knofe is! But if you are looking for a great knife sharpening system, i second the motion on the Lansky system. It is awesome and very easy to use.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lansky Diamond System is great!! The regular stones do well as well!!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:34 PM

lansky diamond
Old 11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a lansky and wouldn't wish it on anyone.......just my opinion. It's the hardest thing to get locked in and get going with I've ever attempted (as far as knife sharpening).

Cabela's has a (________) model 120 that I'm going to try (electric). Matt/PA uses this one and says it does the trick. I'm willing to give it a go.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just buy a cheap knife and a good stone, then learn to sharpen your own. It takes time,but isn't that what camp firers & beer are for?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lansky's are fairly easy to figure out, just lock them in place good at the right angle and they will not move unless your doing something wrong!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Dominant Buck

OK....I'm lansky challenged, then.

Here's how "I" see it....

I try to lock my knife (that isn't flat) into a flat clamp that doesn't hold it securely......then get a little skewer looking thing and insert it into a corresponding sharlening stone. Then.....I hold the clampy thing in one hand and sharpen one side of my knife with each stone (switching sides).

Call me a klutz.....but I find nothing about this practice "easy". It's a cheap enough "system"....and it would likely be easier if it was mounted on a bench.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I try to lock my knife (that isn't flat) into a flat clamp that doesn't hold it securely......then get a little skewer looking thing and insert it into a corresponding sharlening stone. Then.....I hold the clampy thing in one hand and sharpen one side of my knife with each stone (switching sides).
I totally understand where your coming from. My knive's aren't flat either, a person has just gotta find the right spot on the blade so it fits secure. You don't have to clamp it right in the middle or on the edge. Move it around a little bit and find aspot. It might be possible though that your knife is too curvy (not flat) that it won't work very well. I've never seen a knife that won't work but its possible.

Quick Reply: Knife Sharpner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.