Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dang gun hunters

Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default dang gun hunters

well to day was opening shotgun season here in Indiana i went out

when i got to my spot my flashlight was dead so i had to wait aLittle to head in

20mins into sunlight i here a shotgun . and it hits me today is opening day .

i here another bang then two quick one right after thinking is it three people shooting at the same deer or just one playing halo lol in real life

at about 8 i here people talking and the only people hunting the land is the land owner and his friend which neither are out

about a hour later i here them again alittle closer. then 30 mins later closer. so i figure since it is opening day which i did not realize. when i headed in i had no orange on no hat no nothing. all i could think about was the guy in pa i think getting shot.

so i head out and told the land owner i heard people on his land and he said he would check it out

i have had no trouble all year except missing lol and come opening day gun trespassers .

i have alwaysdefended the gun runners i was one and kinda still am. but dang do all the weirdos and law breaks come out with a gun and a beer . or what i guess you can not shoot a bow with a beer in your hand
Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: dang gun hunters

took my son out this morning trying to get one more Doe out of the equasion. It seems like everytime i here someone shoot that it is never a single shot but that the person feels like they have to unload or something. We did see 12 Does (very skidish) they had just been shot at from another property from a major lead slinger. Dalton did not shoot he was not comfortable with the shots given. We did have two small bucks come in, we are both taged out on them via archery season but they would have gotten free passes anyway, needed to grow a little.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

took my son out this morning trying to get one more Doe out of the equasion. It seems like everytime i here someone shoot that it is never a single shot but that the person feels like they have to unload or something. We did see 12 Does (very skidish) they had just been shot at from another property from a major lead slinger. Dalton did not shoot he was not comfortable with the shots given. We did have two small bucks come in, we are both taged out on them via archery season but they would have gotten free passes anyway, needed to grow a little.
Glad you hear your taking your son out into the great outdoors and teaching him about good deer managment. Props to you.

Ryan.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really hate the gun season here in Minnesotafor many reasons but when it comes right down to it we need thegun hunters to keep the deer herd in check. I just wish they would try hunting and sitting in a stand and learn a thing or two about deer huntinginstead of driving all the timetaking there pot shots and wonder if they hit it, (If it don't fall over right away i must of missed it) Thats the wayaalot of them arelike where i live! An antler restriction would be nice too every now and then through out the years!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you He is a well seasoned hunter at the age of 16, im very proud of some of the decisions he makes.
ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Glad you hear your taking your son out into the great outdoors and teaching him about good deer managment. Props to you.

Ryan.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats on taking your son out i am the only hunter in my family and hunted two years when i was 13 and then went untill i was 18 before i tryed it again and am still deer less

Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun season can be drag butwe NEED gun hunters if we are gonna preserve our hunting rights. Sure per capita there may be more slob gun hunters but I see no shortage of slob bow hunters either.
I know an awful lot of gun hunters who don't fire a shot at the range before the season starts but I also know bow hunters who don't either.

We all know bow hunters as well as gun hunters who could not be bothered to follow a weak blood trail.I think slobbery cuts across all lines.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Spike

Gun season is not a bad thing.There arelots of deer taken and that is a good thing.I feel that most of the gun hunters in the woods are fine outdoorsmen. It is also a fact of life there are some that do not reflect well on hunters at large. Some call them "slob-hunters" and others call them "Beer Hunters". Igeneralydo not gun hunt. I pull my stands and catch up on all the work I have neglected around the house.I wish the gun hunters good luck and hope no one gets hurt. (especialy the big buck I have been after for the last 6 weeks)