Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Do People Lie?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Why Do People Lie?

Well I had a nice bomb dropped on me today. I called my now ex-father-in-law to talk to him about when he was heading to hunting camp this year for PA's opening day of rifle season. And I was told I am now not welcome there anymore. I was actually planning on using my bow this year and leaving the gun at home, oh well so much for that. Well to take a few steps back, I am recently divorced but I had a great relationship with my ex-father-in-law, I was more a son to him than his own son was. We did everything together. Him and I still talk quite a bit and have a beer together now and then. Even this summer and fall when I ran into the owners of the camp I used to go to I asked them if I was still welcome there and they told me yes I am still welcome to come. I thought great until today when I was toldby my ex-father-in-law that I am no longer welcome because the owners talked about it and they said they want it to be a family thing and since I am no longer related to my ex-father-in-law that they don't want me there anymore. To me something stinks to high heaven about this. My first reaction is that my ex had something to do with this. Either her new BF is now going in my place or she asked her father to not have me go. I don't know, but I am pretty upset and pissed off about it!!! MY gut tells me I am being lied to and I freaking hate that!!!. Just tell me the truth and I can deal with that. But anyway it seems like I have lost what I thought was a good friend in my ex-father-in-law, I thought he always told me the truth but I guess not. Oh well gotta get busy and decide where Im hunting opening day. Thanks for letting me vent guys, Hope everyones season is going great.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why Do People Lie?

Liars and thieves are the lowest of lows in my opinion. Like you, tell me the truth and deal with it.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM

You said it Rob! Just tell me the truth and I can deal with that. The sad part of it is that I did what my ex asked me and not filled her father in on all the details of our divorce because he was extremely pissed at her for not trying to work things out, and I never told him about the boyfriend she had less than a month after we got seperated. Oh well what comes around goes around. They will get theirs.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA, been there done that. Sorry about your luck, but remember blood is always thicker than water. It sux but its ttrue.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM

The sad part about it TeeJay is that my ex-father-in-law is not related to these people. Just longtime friends. Hmmmmmm Maybe my ex-father-in-law would love to know about the 50+yr old man who has been married 5 times his 31yr old daughter has been shacked up with, less than a month after she asked for a divorce?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let it go man, it is not worth throwing rocks. As hard as it may be trust me on this one. I heard the old you will always be my brother. Pfffft ya right. Just let go and find some one new to live/hunt with. I did and am much better off.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Oh I have TeeJay, I have found a wonderful woman who is everything I ever wanted and more, She is the love of my life. I am just saddened by the fact that I lost what I thought was a good friend in my ex-father-in-law and that I am being lied to. I just needed to vent.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

i feel you but i can understand how he most be loyal to his daughter and not you but he could be honest with you

if the owner said you could be there just go i would lol

call the owner and ask if you can bow hunt there off the time the camp is going on
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there buddy! Tough times to be had when there's lieing going on, what comes around goes around eventually! Good luck hunting!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there it gets better I know Ive been there except my EX said they wanted nothing to do with me so I let it go...THENthis summer I called my ex-brother-in-law on a whim(its been 10 yrs)and told them
what there sister told me and theywere in aww.All these yrs they thought it was me.Anyway nxt time I go up north we are gitting together to have some good old Fun and catch up on the last 10 yrs...
Hope you get to go back to the camp with your New Girlfriend......

Quick Reply: Why Do People Lie?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.