Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its not worth it, I quit!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Its not worth it, I quit!

I've thought about that and it just isn't worth it. If I'm stressed I'm not having fun. This has turned into a stressful situation.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear. He sounds like a tool. And family at that! Just tell him exactly why you are getting out of the lease.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm with GR8. I'd go hunt where I wanted to on MY lease and I wouldn't tell nor would I feel the need tell anyone, anything.

That being said.....here's an important tidbit of info. I think we all need. If you two weren't family.....and you had a falling out......who had the lease, first? I guess I'm asking.....who has the relationship witht he landowner?

At first i was like you, Greg.....just let it be. NOW....He's kinda pissing me off...and I KNOW you're pissed (probably more disappointed than anything, though.....really).
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I've thought about that and it just isn't worth it. If I'm stressed I'm not having fun. This has turned into a stressful situation.
Hunting is supposed to be fun. I can respect that. Sorry man, that's a tough spot.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've mentioned before he has been on the lease for 20 years. 5 years for me. And I am much more disappointed than mad. I have a very good relationship with the landowner. He has another tract of land, a little over 100 acres that he has hinted about letting me bowhunt. It is behind his house and he wants no guns there. It hasn't been hunted in 20 years. I'll be talking to him Saturday about an exclusive lease. He really likes the fact that I did some free electrical work in his barn and that I only bowhunt.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
New Sheriff

life is short.

Piss on A-Holes.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 AM

If it is not fun...............don't do it. Family stress should NEVER come up over a stupid deer.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tx, it seems like you may have struck gold. 100 acres that hasnt been hunted in 20 years, plus its behind his house so he can keep an eye out and make sure no one else is in there. Best of luck to you with the new lease.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah but your father-in-law is a heck of a concrete man. BAM!!

Honcho12 a.k.a. Tuco
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Like i said before, i went through this with my inlaws, they are negative people, im not, we did not jive together. I feel a whole lot better now. good luck
Old 11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, no deer is worth tearing the family, but this guy is not likely to only be a butt when it comes to hunting. If he is such a tool, this won't be the last issue you have.

Quick Reply: Its not worth it, I quit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.