Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A big pat on the back...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A big pat on the back...

Not sure if anyone noticed or whatever, but I gotta give a major shout out to my homeboy and old teammateTroy Pottenger (Shed33) for his recent hookup with Joey Rott,Jody Hadacheck, Dan Schafer, and Brent Clark - all of Rutjunkie Media. www.rutjunkie.com

Shed33 is seriously the most dedicated whitetail hunter that I've ever known, and dude will be a serious asset to their upcoming filming endeavours. Good family man, good friend, shed hunting machine and one hell of a big buck slayer. He's definitely signed on with the right people, b/c Joey (kshunter) is about as dedicated a whitetail hunter as you'll find, and he's been hammering monster midwest whitetails for as long as I can remember.

Fellas, the first time I ever actually sat down and PM'ed back and forth with Pottenger, I was just like "Holy #$%& - this dude is like the Encyclopedia Brittanica of Whitetail Hunting." There wasn't a shadow of doubt in my mind that I'd see this guy on tv someday. Looks like my first impression was right...

If I know Pottenger, he'll deliver some awesome footage, and do it in a way that nobody else can - from the ground, with the bow, in gun season, versus monster pressured whitetails. Can't wait to see the final cut, fellas.

I raise my glass bro.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A big pat on the back...

This does not surprise me one bit - Troy has proven himself time and again on this forum and he would be on my top list of individuals to go big time. Congratulations Troy!!! Now lets see some footage!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great guys finshed first sometimes!!!

I agree with Hazcon7 and Quick
Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations and best of luck!

I hope it still leaves enough time for a trip in the near future.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Hey - two of my former team mates - Troy and Joey!

Congrats to both of you guys!

Mike
Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Troy, You deserve it bud!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Quick, thanks man. Thats really nice of you to say. As for the rest of you guys, thank you. As for me, I won't change a bit, just afather, husband and school teacher that loves to spend all my free time pursuing old whitetail bucks in these mountains out west.

As for my new opportunity, I really couldnt be more thankful than to be working with Joey/Casiand Jody/Alicia, Dan/Jill, and Brent. Thank you Joeyand Jody for bringing me on board.I couldn't have been picked by a better group of folks. I have a lot to learn about video etc, I will do what ever it takes, I know I can get on bucks. My wife is now filming for me and she is really doing a great job thus far. We are having a blast. She figured she may as well join me! I've always wanted to shoot film in the wild of bowhunting big-woods bucks. I have my chance, now, talks cheap of course, so I am going rightto work and will be dedicated from here forward. I can promise you all this, I will never forget where I've started and this will always be my home, here at HNI. I owe alot to HNI for letting me write field journals.Without this site, I would have never had this opportunity.Thank you Justin.

Guys, thanks so much! Jim, no worries my friend. This opportunity only motivates me to get out and hunt with you guys evenmore! I'm all about DIY and friendships...I look forward to huntingsomeday withmy buds in PA, in ND, in Iowaor in Canada where ever this takes me. It's all the same to me; making memories and sharing what the good Lord gave us. The only difference is that I will be filming it. I hope that's ok!

Mike Hunsucker said to me the other day. "Troy, getting it all on film really makes it special, especially the memories." After going out andjust filming with Dee for4 days......and thenshe and I reviewing it, I see what Mike is talking about! It's definatley cool.

Thanks again!
Troy
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday, but I think it deserves a little bump to the top. Troy is a class act guy, joining a class act crew, and I wish them all the best.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and best of luck.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Shed!! When will this seasons video be available?

Zach

Quick Reply: A big pat on the back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.