Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go "all in" or cash out?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Go "all in" or cash out?

Man, I'm not even sure I should be so much as THINKING this......but hey, I can't help it.....

I've got 2 buck tags left, one for firearms and one for archery. I do, however, hunt with my bow during firearms season.....

That droptine buck, as far as I know, is still lurking in my home waters.......Hmmmmmmmmm.........I've got an open day saturday.........Do I risk blowing what has been a perfect season, or do I go "all in" and go for the season of a lifetime??

Yeah, like I really need to think about that....I'm goin all in!!

So here's the question, which I've already answered......If you were in the midst of your greatest season ever, every goal has been accomplished and then some......

Do you hang it up for the year or go for the straight flush?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go "all in" or cash out?

Put you chips on the table buddy, go for it!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If ya have to think about it, stay at home
Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL IN!!!

Imagine what the season will be to you if you get another buck like that?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Site Buck Guru

I must be misunderstanding, you have 2 buck tags left and you're talking about quitting!!?? WTF!!??
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm All In! Say you kill a nice 140" buck and that is the best you have ever killed, and there is till 2+ months left to hunt I'm hunting. Number one I love the woods and just being outdoors, seeing deer and other wildlife is better than sitting at home. Plus the great thing is you never know when that 160 or 170" might come around. Not saying it's likely but i try to be optimisic!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

No question... ALL IN!

Most people I know start to slack off after they shoot the first buck of Illinois residents 2 buck tag limit. I don't.

I killed a horse of a deer on Saturday (230 field dressed) and was back on stand 3 times since and will be again in the morning. In fact I killed 2 coyotes this evening within 2 minutes of each other.

Go all in.. hunt hard.. you'll regret it if you don't.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

I must be misunderstanding, you have 2 buck tags left and you're talking about quitting!!?? WTF!!??
LMAO!! Yeah, that pretty much answers it......Let the saga resume......
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

HAHA! same thoughts here. i dont really see how continuing to hunt would diminish the season anyway.....no matter how much more you hunt, those same goals will remain accomplished.

id go burn those other two tags on the droptine and his daddy! well try to anyway[&o]

i will agree with one thing though, that bruiser you got sure would make a season complete even if you couldn't hunt again this year
Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 tags left, Mo you're just getting warmed up man! Fill them suckers, you can never get too much experience at this game. Hunt hard, hunt smart, have fun, learn more. I got two tags left myself, I can't wait to fill them or hunt down to the last second trying.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Go "all in" or cash out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.