Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics Out The Window!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Ethics Out The Window!

I have to tell this story..Some people should not be bow Hunting...
Yesterday I shot a beautiful 8Pt...185# buck with my bow...There was another hunter near my stand and saw the buck go down...I placed the shotat 20yds..THRU THE HEART..The deer only went about 30yds from my stand and fell...I decided to wait in my climber for 1/2 hour just to make sure he was dead...Thank god I called a friend who was on his way to help me because I would need him!

As I was gathering up my stuff and calming down I saw the other hunter approach my deer...He then proceeded to take out an arrow and stab my deer, yes I said stab a dead deer...I could not believe my eyes! Needless to say I was stunned...This guy then proceeded to come over to my stand and show me the arrow and stated that we have a big problem, we both shot the same deer....Well I could not get down out of the tree fast enough!

While I was climbing out of the tree I called my friend again who was on his way to my stand...I would need him to help calm me down!

By the time I got to my deer this guy was getting out his knife to dress the deer....I asked him what the hell are you doing...he said he was going to dress his deer...that is when I lost it!..You see I saw him stand over my deer and stab it....It is too bad for thim that when he stabbed the deer he hit it in the shoulder bone and his arrow only went in about an inch...My broad head broke off after it severed its heart and was still in the deer...

This guy wanted to fight over my deer...he started to get extremely angry and claimed that he had seen the deer the night before and scented the whole area, to which I replied thank you...You did a great job, probably not the best thing to say but I could not believe what was happening..

My buddy was whistling so I responded to him...this guy asked what I was doing and I said letting my buddies know where I was so they could help me drag out my deer...As they approached he got nervous and took off...I still can not believe this whole thing happened..Who would ever try to claim someone else's deer? Some people should not be allowed to hunt!

Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ethics Out The Window!

I agree I went to my stand about 3 weeks ago and some idiot was sitting in it.I was on private property and was the only one with permission. I lost it also I know how you feel some people are just stupid.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great first post there Dave. Lucky it wasn't here in PA or it would of been a panther trying to steal it from you.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that is sad. I just can't believe how many vermin exist in our society. You always need to be on guard and fight for what is yours. I would not have let him take the deer. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that guys a tool. I don't understand how someone could be like that.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for joining just to tell us that! Now isn't study-hall about over?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM

That stinks, but glad it worked out.

I had a guy take a deer off me years ago when I was gun hunting. I made a less than perfect but fatal shot. Long story short, I blood trailed the deer for a couple hundred yards then all of a sudden I hear "Boom". I walk a bit farther and there is my deer laying there dead. The guys says it's is his deer, but he can't explain why the deer only had one hole in it. I was steaming mad but it was an old guy so I just let it go. It's pretty sad whatsome guys will stoop to in order to claim a deer.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would of had to open a can on that boy!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Study hall?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It has happened to me before and hopefully will never happen again. In my case the deer made it across the river and by the time I walked the 3 miles, it was just a gut pile. The guy living south of there denied any knowledge of my deer, but his kids started shuffling their feet and looking down when he said that. I did what I thought was right and notified DNR. Then I found out that he didn't have a license so the meat went to feed the needy and the head and rack were destroyed by DNR.

Quick Reply: Ethics Out The Window!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.