Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics Out The Window!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM

Default RE: Ethics Out The Window!

I agree...The best part for me is the Hunt...can I get close enough?...Can I take a good shot? ...I scout, watch during the summer, set stands....sometimes the actual harvest is anti-climatic...The hunt as a whole is why I do it...These farms should not be considered hunting....It should be called "getting.....not "hunting"...

Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

GregH
You can believe that I will be sure to bust his bubble if he tells any kind of hunting story about these deer around me. I'll hit him with the old "Is that buck you shot at the petting zoo, what was it's name again, Scooter, wasn't it?"

Jimimac
That's the same thing I thought, if I had and extra $3000 for a hunting trip I would plan one on a nice piece of DIY land and would love it, I just can't see getting any satisfaction out of shooting what amounts to cattle, regardless of antlersize.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Had almost the exact senerio happen with my buddy during a gun hunt a few years ago. I put him in my prefered spot for opening morning of the gun season in Southern NY. This deer comes through just like I told him and he shot it at about 5 yards from the ground. A 20 inch wide 10 point. I was only 100 yards away in a hemlock swamp so just waited a couple minutes after his shot in case something came my way. I gathered mystuff and walked over. When I got there there was another guy there having a big discussion with him. The other guy had literally blown the right front hoof off the deer 2 hours earlier. We had 4 inches of new snow so he was able to follow him across two pieces of posted property and into the state land. My buddies shot had broken the deers neck. I said, what's the problem here with all the raised voices. He said if two people hit a deer who's deer is it. I said the guy that delivered the first lethal hit in vitals. He said, here's my shot and here's his. the guy had shot the hoof off below the dew claw. I said well that deer will go forever with the foot shot. You broke his neck. It's your deer. The guy and he discussed it more as I took out my knife and started gutting. About that time the guys radio cherped and a friend of his ask him where in the hell he was and where's the deer. The guy was 1/4 mile behind trying to catch up. The guy informed him the deer was dead. His friend ask, How in the heck will we get him out of here. The guy informed him it wasn't their problem. He had been trying to convince my buddy ANY blood drawn and it was your deer. My buddy told him I just saved you a heck of a long walk in the woods.

Your guys sounds like a true jerk. What's with people anyway.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

All I can say is; P.O.S's can be found in all walks of life. I dont know why anyone would be happy to claim a deer they did not kill.[:@]
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

I have had two similar little adventures. In one instance, the animal was a cow elk. After some heated discussion, I proposed we split the animal. It was agreed with no further arguing. In another instance, I felt the other hunter needed the meat worse than me and, because there was no real trophy involved, I backed off andencouraged him totag it. Even helped him gut it and load it up in his pickup. This was on Christmas Eve. Cold. Light snow in the mountains. I was humming Christmas carols all the way home. Still had my tag. Four days later I got a bigger one.

I hope that I never someday have to be in the same position on a 350 class bull elk. It could get ugly.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first doe when I was 12 ending in a gut pile that I did not produce. No other shots fired. Still think about that when I hunt out of that area.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 PM

This happen to once in Wisconsin me back in the 70s. We were driving deer and I shot a doe. When we got back to town a kids mom came up to me with her son and said that was her sons deer he shot it. I ask him what broadhead he was using and he said a four blade. Than I told them to look at the hole, it was made with a three blade. She could see he was lying and thats all that was ever said about it
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't be able to hold myself back on that one! If he wanted a fight he would of got her! And got it good at that! My temper doesn't go for that kind of BS! Fighting isn't the best thing to do but at times its what a guy does weather its wrong or rightin some situations! Glad to hear you got the deer and not the puke!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM

That is a true shame that we have "hunters" that conduct themselves this way. He needs agood ass-whooping.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Spike

My first year hunting when i was 14...oh 7 years ago. Third time out walk into my stand to find the guy who hunts the neighboring property in it. He gets out and walks out of the woods straight across the corn field and onto his property. 45 mins after first light, his buddy who also doesnt have permission to hunt on the property i was on comes crusing down from the back corner of the property right under my stand. I just waved since i was 14, i think i was more scared than anything. Next time out, my stand is gone and my old mans stand is leaning against his tree without the straps attaching it to the tree........next spring i take a walk along the property lines before the leaves grow up. Notice a wood stand that looks familiar 300 yards into the woods so i take a quick detour over to the stand. Yep, certianly the stand that was stolen. What a complete joke. Those guys still hunt next to us but we never talk to each other. I still think that they come over and hunt our property even tho they have over double the acreage to hunt. Its a joke.

Quick Reply: Ethics Out The Window!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.