Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics Out The Window!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Ethics Out The Window!

Well, this sucks, but I have a feeling we are getting one side to the story. Always two different sides.

One, why would you hunt so close to another hunter? One or both you guys didn't respect the space.

Two, yes, I have seen it happen. I shot an 8pt 2 years ago with a gun, it ran 30 yards, and fell. I saw another guy on the ridge, breaking his neck to shoot around a tree, and saw him shot it on the ground. To then claim it. what I did, was let him have it. It was only 14" spread. And I prayed heavily about it before I got down, and told God, it was up to him. And God answered. Maybe his family needed the meat, and I was glad not to end my season. Why the other guy did it. Who knows.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: gplant

I would of had to open a can on that boy!!!
At least one can , maybe three.
Some people have got nerve and NO ethics whatsoever.
The guy is probably a slob in everyday life too.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for joining just to tell us that! Now isn't study-hall about over?

wow, thats harsh, you know him?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

I ahte to say it but I also had it happen to me but I did not get the deer it was on PA gamelands near rt 80. bad day for me. Glad to see oyu got your deer congrats on such a bitter sweet day.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Heres a good story about two hunters and one deer. One of my friends dad had a similar thing happen to him. He shot a deer and the deer proceeded to run up to the top of a ridge. Well some guy that was on the other side of the ridge saw the deer and shot it again. This time it was dead. The guy on the other side of the ridge gave the deer to my buddys dad who had shot it first. The guy on the other side of the ridge just didnt want to see the deer suffer so he took it out, and was happy to give it to the person who had shot it first.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wasn't near Brookville was it Kidd?? Old exit...hmm 10 or 11?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know why someone would want a deer that they didn't shoot in the first place.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM

One side of the story? There is only one side...I left out that he walked under my stand at about 7 am...I had been there since 6am...I have been hunting this area for 20 years and have never seen him before...I grunted at him to let him know I was there...I had to whistle to get him to look up at me...I asked him where he was heading and he said to the next ridge..To my knowledge I am one of the few people who has permission to hunt this peice of land...I have 5 hang-on stands in the area and use my climber when the wind is wrong for the others...

I shot this buck about 15 min after he walked thru...he must have stayed close because from the next ridge he would have to make about a 100 yd shot with a bow...In fact the only stand on the next ridge mine that has been there for about 10yrs...

The part that gets me is that he was so upset that someone else got this deer he was willing to stab a dead deer...I guess he figured that he could not explain stabbing it twice...that would be a great trick to get off two shots with a bow at a pope and young buck...My second from this stand in three years! His flaw was that his arrow only went in about an inch and he hit the shoulder bone, in his haste he also did not realize that I watched him do it from my stand! The deer only went 30yds and head first into a tree...I could see it from my tree! He was on it in about 5 min after my shot..My bet is that he was on the ground and saw the whole thing...I would be upset that I did not get the buck but would congratulate the hunter, not stab a dead deer and claim to have shot it!

Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Spike

I'd of had to open a can of "WHOOP ASS" on that dude. Hard to believe anyone could stoop that low. Glad it worked out for you!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 AM

No upstate NY....Thanks for calling me kid...makes a 41 yearold feel good

Quick Reply: Ethics Out The Window!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.