Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BUCK ROAR???

Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Default RE: BUCK ROAR???

i love my buck roar! i've called in shoot bucks, just outta range! but they do respond it, and yes, once you see a buck, you can try different calls to see what he responds to
Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

All these newbies pushing the buck roar. Heck, I've been hunting for over 50 years in probably 10 states and I haven't heard a buck roar yet. I guess I've led a sheltered life.[&:][8D] Excuse me if I seem skeptical of all these newbies having such great success with a sound I've never heard from Texas to NY to Florida, with points like Ohio and Indiana in between.
all newbies to this forum maybe not to hunting

you can just go continue banging sticks together if that works for you. This works for us so give it a break
Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

All these newbies pushing the buck roar. Heck, I've been hunting for over 50 years in probably 10 states and I haven't heard a buck roar yet. I guess I've led a sheltered life.[&:][8D] Excuse me if I seem skeptical of all these newbies having such great success with a sound I've never heard from Texas to NY to Florida, with points like Ohio and Indiana in between.
I love the internet mentality, newbie on the internet newbie hunter....lmao! I promise it works, with any calling there's a time and place. It 100% called in the buck I shot this evening, no doubt about it. I was hearing the "roar" 8 yrs ago in Oklahoma, I just thought it was an overly excited buck. Try and blow a normal grunt tube that loud and you get a crazy mallard call.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have had heard something close to the buck roar twice over my several decades of bowhunting. I recognized it immediately when I played the cd that came with the call. There is little doubtin my mind when I used the call this morning that it can work sometimes:http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2248821&mpage=16.

-fsh
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 AM

I know i'm a "newb" but I know that deer actually make the roar (or growl or beller whatever you wanna call it). I heard it last season right before peak rut when the bucks where still in chase mode. A decent 7-pointer was running a doe hard and growled extremely loud and my jaw dropped, never heard of or witnessed anything like it, but i definatly believe they do it.
I guess my point is, just because you've never heard it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.