Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Old 11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Wow! You just never know what to expect![:-]
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Maybe its the big guys way of trying to tell you to quit shooting the girls.

I hear he doesn't believe much in Q.D.M., something about infringing on his turf. []
Don't worry, ive taken outa buck already. I get three tags, 2 doe and 1 buck. Ill take them all. If I get to godown south, ill get to tag another buck. Ill probably head south as soon as my buddy gets off work. He is the only one I know with land in the Hill Country.
Note the smilies, I saw the pics of your buck ,and a dandy buck he was. How many pigs have you shot this year?
Thanks.

I caught the meaning, no worries. I have not got after the hogs yet, but ive taken out three. Ate one at a campout. Pit roasted it. The second got cured and given to a friend, and the last will be eaten at another campout. Ive cured the hams, back strap, and loin and will smoke them Sat. Emmmmmm.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man thats unreal for sure I'm glad that you did recover her congrats
Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

I hit a doe a few days back, hit rib #6 and angled back (she jumped the string towards me) through one lung, liver, guts, and out the ham

5 hours later, still alive, a second arrow finished it.

compare that to my buddy, who hit a doe, angled away, broadhead sliced on the OUTSIDE of the rib cage, down into the leg, severing an artery and she bled out in about 300 yards in a few minutes

Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 AM

I dn't want to be the bad guy here, but with a hole through the heart, I don't care how strong the deer is, she's not gonna live that long, relaxed or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Amazing story. I totally believe you. With deer, as with most of life, you don't rule anything out, don't take anything for granted.

My brother shot a big doe with his 30-06 a couple years ago. 40 yard shot, broadside or quartering, definitely a solid hit, the deer spun and staggered, stood with legs splayed and head lowered. He then hit her again, this time quartering away, she bolted about 40 yards and went down. He waited about 15 minutes to approach the deer, it was mid afternoon and there was no rush. It got up and bolted away. I showed up a half hour later, we trailed it and jumped it again, had to shoot it again.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to believe you but it sounds pretty unbelieveable. Are you certain you didn't tear the heart or cut it with you knife while gutting it?

Seems like if you caught any part of the heart she couldn't have lived that long.

Maybe she had a reason to live.

Tom
Old 11-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: So.IL_Slinger

I dn't want to be the bad guy here, but with a hole through the heart, I don't care how strong the deer is, she's not gonna live that long, relaxed or not.
Dont worry, i got a pic of the heart ill post tonight. I would not believe it if I had not seen it.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I want to believe you but it sounds pretty unbelieveable. Are you certain you didn't tear the heart or cut it with you knife while gutting it?

Seems like if you caught any part of the heart she couldn't have lived that long.

Maybe she had a reason to live.

Tom
This aint my first rodeo. Ive gutted more animals than I can even remember. Did not nick the heart.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

When my dad was in his 20's when he put four 12 gauge slugs into a buck that was in full rut. The thing just kept going after the first, second, and third shots. All the shots were in the chest, the forth one went right through the shoulder, keeping him from going any further. My dad still has all four slugs that he dug out of the ribs and shoulders. It amazes me what this animals are capable off.

Quick Reply: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.