Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I went out Sun. after noon. At about 5:00 I arrow a big doe. It was an easy 20 yard broadside shot. The shot was perfect. The doe jumps, walks 5 steps and lays down in front of me. I watch and think I’m about to go get her when all of the sudden she picks her head up and just sets there. I can see blood everywhere and think, it won’t be long. I set and watched her for an hour. I couldn’t put another arrow in her because of the brush between us. Eventually a group of hogs come down the trail she was on. She jumps up and plays standoff with the hogs. Eventually the hogs just back track and leave. The doe then starts to walk away. I watch and take note where she went. Once she is out of sight, I move out of the area. As she walked away, I could see she was still bleeding, and I could see the entrance and exit wound which confirmed it was a perfect hit. Since she walked off with no problem, I decide to go get her the next morning. First thing Monday morning, I go to retrieve her. I find her laying just where I thought she would be. When I get about 10 yards from her, she jumps up and bolts. I watch in disbelief as she sprints away like a champ. I take note where she went, so after work I might find her. After work, I go back out and find her about 500 yards away from where she was when I jumped her. I gut her and check out my shot to confirm the damage, and it was a perfect shot. Both lungs were taken out and the arrow had passed right through the center of the heart. I’m still in awe. No problem with the broad head, it was a new muzzy three blade. It sliced right through her and caused lots of damage. Out of 25+ year of hunting, I’ve never seen this before. It is unreal. I’m glad I recovered her, but am still amazed at how long she lived after having major damage to her vitals. Has anyone else seen this before. I felt like calling Ripley’s believe it or not.
WOW!!! how do you live with a hole in your heart and on top of that both lungs ... not being able to breath...thats freakin amazing man! All the deer i ever double lunged only went 50 yards. I always thought if you hit them in both lungs they got about 4 seconds of air then they are done?
Are you sure she was real?[:-]
Old 11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

What are you feeding them critters out there? Last year you had super hog run off with a hole in his heart. I can't wait to poke a hole in one of them tough guys!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

lets see pics of the shot placement...somethign isnt adding up sounds to me as if this mayhave been a paunch shot.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I think the blood cloted and pluged the hole, since she was relaxed the whole time. I can only assume. She was an older doe that was about 150lbs. Guessing.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

What are you feeding them critters out there? Last year you had super hog run off with a hole in his heart. I can't wait to poke a hole in one of them tough guys!
That guy was on the Brazos on public land about a mile from my house. Ive had hogs do crazy things quite a bit, but never a deer.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

lets see pics of the shot placement...somethign isnt adding up sounds to me as if this mayhave been a paunch shot.
I didnt take pics of the deer because I had to quarter her on the spot to get her in a cooler. It was 82 degrees out side. I did keep the heart and will post a pick of it when i get home. But believe me, it was as perfect of a shot as you can get. This is not my first deer.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe its the big guys way of trying to tell you to quit shooting the girls.

I hear he doesn't believe much in Q.D.M., something about infringing on his turf. []
Old 11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the blood cloted and pluged the hole
You would think that the internal bleeding would then colapse the lungs. Those buggers are tough, no doubt.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I hear he doesn't believe much in Q.D.M., something about infringing on his turf. []
Dont worry, ive taken outa buck already. I get three tags, 2 doe and 1 buck. Ill take them all. If I get to godown south, ill get to tag another buck. Ill probably head south as soon as my buddy gets off work. He is the only one I know with land in the Hill Country.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Don't worry, ive taken outa buck already. I get three tags, 2 doe and 1 buck. Ill take them all. If I get to godown south, ill get to tag another buck. Ill probably head south as soon as my buddy gets off work. He is the only one I know with land in the Hill Country.
Note the smilies, I saw the pics of your buck ,and a dandy buck he was. How many pigs have you shot this year?

Quick Reply: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.