Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Site Fiber Color Question

Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Site Fiber Color Question

Anyone here use all the same colors? I've seen/know a few people who do this with the brightest color they have, everyone that does this seems to really like it. I was thinking maybe it would cause too much mix-up with wrong pins, but then I got to thinking (tend to do this too much)...maybe it would help in not rushing a shot. You'd concentrate more on using the correct pin and putting it right where you want. I might try it out.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Site Fiber Color Question

Mods: Feel free to move to review, or any other topic if need be. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

I used to have a 3 pin vital bow gear sight that had all green pins. I don't see where it would cause confusion as long as you dont associate color with yardage. I always would just count from the top, top pin is 20, 2nd is 30, and 3rd is 40 yards. If you think of it in this way, you shouldn't get confused by it.

Also I believe it was Greg who said that he uses the brightest pin at 20 the 2nd brightest color at 30 and the dullest at 40. So in low light they dim out in reverse order 40-30-20. To discourage taking a low percentage shot at a long range in low light.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeremy3303

I used to have a 3 pin vital bow gear sight that had all green pins. I don't see where it would cause confusion as long as you dont associate color with yardage. I always would just count from the top, top pin is 20, 2nd is 30, and 3rd is 40 yards. If you think of it in this way, you shouldn't get confused by it.

Also I believe it was Greg who said that he uses the brightest pin at 20 the 2nd brightest color at 30 and the dullest at 40. So in low light they dim out in reverse order 40-30-20. To discourage taking a low percentage shot at a long range in low light.
Agreed.I just assumed, could be wrong, that most do.