Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.57%
No
21.43%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Can you buy hunting success?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POLL: Can you buy hunting success?

In a round about way, they are all sold to shoot! I guess we need to call it "BOUGHTING"
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 PM

I find it interesting that when guys speak of attaining great land to hunt and private honey holes by hitting the pavement and pounding on doors..........they somehow see this as "part of hunting" and a "skill".

Now turn the tables and another guy goes about getting onto these honey holes through another avenue.....money and suddenly it becomes wrong.

Why is it that when someone uses the success they have achieved in life as a way in it is wrong??
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put yourself in the right place, then you just need a little skill and luck.

I dont like this fact, but it is how it is..... right or wrong
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why is it that when someone uses the success they have achieved in life as a way in it is wrong??
I won't say it's wrong, but when you've had access to a piece of property for many years, paying a reasonable lease fee, have established food plots and stand sites, run water and electricity to your camp area and have done all those kinds of things, and are finally seeing the size deer you've been waiting for... and then Mr. DeepPockets comes along and buys the land out from under you for double the land's market value and orders your sorry butt off...

Maybe once you've experienced that then maybe you will begin to understand where there can be some bitterness about the people that go that route.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I won't say it's wrong, but when you've had access to a piece of property for many years, paying a reasonable lease fee, have established food plots and stand sites, run water and electricity to your camp area and have done all those kinds of things, and are finally seeing the size deer you've been waiting for... and then Mr. DeepPockets comes along and buys the land out from under you for double the land's market value and orders your sorry butt off...

Maybe once you've experienced that then maybe you will begin to understand where there can be some bitterness about the people that go that route.
I can understand the bitterness thatt you feel, but that doesn't make it wrong. Just the way the world works. My family lost the land they leased for more than 20 years, where I grew up hunting, because someone outbid them on the lease. Bitter, yes, were they wrong, no.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very generous of you, turtleshell, to not belabor the point that it takes a supreme idiot to make those kinds of improvements on land that doesn't belong to you, simply because you assume, since you've already been there a number of years, then you'll still be coming back year after year.

Hunting is rapidly turning into a rich man's sport. If it weren't for public land, I couldn't hunt any more. And there's not enough public land to go around amongst all us peasants. [&:] Not here in this state, anyway.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your definition of hunting, as well as your definition of success...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 AM

Absolutely you can. If a feller has enough money, he can spend it on all "top end" equipment, and he can buy guided hunts instead of doing it on his own.

It's a different world when you have a guide telling you exactly where to sit and exactly what deer to watch for. Money can certainly buy success....

But then again, that's not how I personally DEFINE success. Success, to me, is doing it my way, and making it work.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Of course you can.

There are places in this country that can nearly guarantee you a nice deer.....if you're willing to pay for it. It is what it is. Does it cheapen any "accomplishment" in my eyes?

Sure. Doesn't mean I'm right. It means I have an opinion.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Arthur, This did happen to me.5 years and then its gone. Got out bid I guess. Outfitter,They paid a small fortune to hunt it. I cant go against big money.But they did get one heck of a place to hunt.

Quick Reply: POLL: Can you buy hunting success?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.