Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

INFO UP DATE ON GUT SHOT DEER

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default INFO UP DATE ON GUT SHOT DEER

took six guys out today. tracked buck for 150 yards. had about 10 different beds. ran into neighbor he said a buck went by him that looked wounded. he could not see the stomach. the buck saw him and trooted off into some tall grass and brush. he and I are avoiding this till tomarrow morning giving him more time to die. he described the buck and it is mine. again i shot him just infront of the penis area and about 12 inches of guts were hanging out of him. every spot he bedded there was alot of blood. however the trail that my neighbor saw him go down there was not blood. the neighbor will be hunting the woods conected to the grass field tomarrow and I am going to zigzag toward him through the grass. IS TOMARROW TO EARLY TO LOOK IF HE WAS NOT DEAD AFTER 16 HOURS?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: INFO UP DATE ON GUT SHOT DEER

16 hours will be long enough...the reason you are finding no blood trail is because his intestines are plugging the exit wound. Good luck.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: INFO UP DATE ON GUT SHOT DEER

You should be fine. Like Shadow said i'm sure his intestines are plugging the hole. He will die, keep on him tomorro!