Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Problem. (Help please)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM

Default RE: My Problem. (Help please)

I would agree with stab about the site level. My groups were somewhat sporadic until I bought a site with a level. I talked with the archery shop and after they told me that the bow had to be vertical in order to make consistant shots, it all made sense. It seemed that if the top of the bow was tipped slightly to the to the right I shot slightlylow and left. If it was tipped slightly to the left, I shot slightly high and right if I remember right. Another thing that I found is that whenI wear a face maskI have to make aconscious effort tohit the same anchor point every time. It is a lot harder to hit the same exact spot when you are not making skin contact and the added thickness of the mask changes your string position ever so slightly. That thickness, not hitting the same exact anchor point,the change in string position and the bow being slightly off vertical willraise all sorts of grouping issues. Just some things to think about. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My Problem. (Help please)

Try this when you come at full draw follow the back side of the front leg up instead of dropping in on it, when you reach the sweet spot exhale and release. Your shout shoudl look something like this or better:
(I aimed a little higher becasue of the distance and angle he was at)