Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whoever said hunting doe was easy...

Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whoever said hunting doe was easy...

Hunting doe is EASY. Finding them and killing them is the hard part.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Fooling, getting drawn on, and killing a Mature Doe is every bit as hard or harder than killing a Mature Buck.

Dan
AMEN BROTHER! Who do you think taught that buck everything he knows? His Momma, of course!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM

Got me a real mature alpha doe last weekend. I had been hunting her for 3 years, and felt pretty slick for finally getting her. She knew where all my stands were, even if they had not been active for a year. Any place I had ever sat she would circle and look at, even if it had been a long time. Last year I put up a new stand just for her, and never sat in it untill last weekend. She went to circle on of my old stands and walked right under me at 10 yards, looking the wrong direction. Hammer time. It wasn't a bow, but my .50 cal caplock with a round ball and iron sights. It was still way cool.

Does can be super easy, or they can be a PITA, just depends.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hear you i am hunting does and all i see are buck or does running at warp 5 trying to out run the spike behind them
Old 11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Anyone who thinks does are easy to hunt has probably never tried hunting them. Anymore I'll shoot a buck if it crosses my path, but when I want a challenge I go doe hunting. Defeating all those eyes, ears, and noses is the most challenging thing I've ever done while hunting.
I know that first hand. If any of you've seen my post, you know I recentlylost to 6 eyes and a real smart doe at the head of the pack that kept circling my stand in both CW and CCW directions.

By comparison, the 200lb 7-pointer I took last year was careless and even looked at me when I drew then paused and waited for my arrow to arrive.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know exactly what your talking about and going through! 2 weeks ago i went up to my dads place in northern Minnesota and bought a management tag, all i could get in front of me was little bucks!