Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Rut...

Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Rut...

I was out 11/3 and 11/7 from dawn to dusk without leaving the tree. Seen 1 doe on 11/3 and 6 does on 11/7.....no bucks. Also had a good view of a couple fields......no bucks to be seen. Will see what happens this weekend.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Bartender

You midwestern guys get out tomorrow no matter what you have to do get out.
High pressure with cool temps over the midwest its going to be fun.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

(central Illinois) From what I have seen in the last two days. The bucks are still hanging out together. Seen 5/6 smaller bucks hanging together with a big buck and a doe outside the timber on the way home. I have seen a couple bigger bucks staying close to does. Tonight I seen a nice 8 pointer that I had started my wayafter several grunts. When I hit the can I seen a few smaller bucks with the 8 take off the other way, he was closer to the doe though. Two fawns and a button then came out later. Tried a contact bleat to see if they would head my way. They did come closer but not enough. Then a 4 point walked right by me10 yrds. Since I already have a nice buck and mature doe I passed, 4th one I let pass. I heard deer all over just about dark. Walked through field back to truck as not to spook them! I haven't seen alot of chasing, but they are closing in on the does.
Crutch
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

You midwestern guys get out tomorrow no matter what you have to do get out.
High pressure with cool temps over the midwest its going to be fun.
Maybe in Wisconsin...but in IL they are calling for wind and temps in the low to mid 60's.[:-]
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is started...I watched a monster chase 2 does this morning...and then tonight he was still where I watched him bed down and I watched him get up and mount the doe 3 different times in the hour I watched him.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

50 would be nice, its supposed to be 70 degrees here in kansas sat and 73 on sun. last monday i saw about 13 bucks all running around in a small patch of timber, it was 10 am, like they were playing tag. couple really nice ones down to a couple forkies
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Its right on time where I am at. Within the next 2-3 days I expect to see bucks of all ages chasing does all over the place all day long. I have to hit it hard this weekend, my job is screwing my hunting all up.[:@]