Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody ever......

Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anybody ever......

have the feeling that something is following you in the woods?
This morning I was walking in and I just had this eary feeling that I was being followed or watched. I turned around and nothing. I've heard stories in the past about mountain lions stalking hunters, but I've yet to see one in the low lands on P.A. where I hunt. It kinda makes me a little nervous. I've never really had this feeling before. Since I didn't see anything when I shined the light, I don't really know if it was my imagination or what.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Anybody ever......

Ive had the feeling, maybe no good reason but i've had the feeling. It prolly was a coyote or something I bet someting was around. Gets the heart going huh?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Sometimes when I get out of the stand to leave when it's dark out. Or I think about those slasher movies in the woods or big foot tackling attacking me.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The mind is a crazy thing. Psychology class showed me that, even more then I thought it was.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM

I was hunting in a Wildlife Management Area one time and had the same feeling. After I got up in my climber and the sun rose a 120# cougar walked out right below me at twenty yards and laid down licking itself for the next fortyfive minutes. I am sure it was behind me in the dark and stopped when i started messing with the climber.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Imagination, there is nothing in the PA woods, other than other hunters, that you need to be concerned with.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM

Been there before a couple times. Where I'm at in WI we've had a few cougars spotted in the past couple years and almost every year someone will spot a bear or two while in the woods. Always makes me think twice....
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

i no how you feel i always hate that feeling i had that feeling once i got in teh stand and as the sun rose a bobcat walked by. idk if thats wat it was or not but i no i was really nervous gettin to the stand that day
Old 11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

I had it happen rifle opener this year. I had wolves howling right where my stand was so I decided to sit down and wait for dark and suddenly I could hear little twigs breaking all around me. They had surrounded me I pointed my flashlight where I heard a noise and saw a flash of eyes. I set all my bullets next to me grabbed my knife and then made a little fire. They left when I made the fire. Scared the bejesus out of me.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: travisville

I had it happen rifle opener this year. I had wolves howling right where my stand was so I decided to sit down and wait for dark and suddenly I could hear little twigs breaking all around me. They had surrounded me I pointed my flashlight where I heard a noise and saw a flash of eyes. I set all my bullets next to me grabbed my knife and then made a little fire. They left when I made the fire. Scared the bejesus out of me.
I almost messed my pants right here! Can't imagine being in your boots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.