Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had a good night in the woods

Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Had a good night in the woods

Well I got in my climber at about 15 after 3 and within 15 minutes I see a doe going through the woods. She was by herself with nothing following her. As I sit there the wind is moving around pretty good. At 4:35 a doe and fawn come into my shooting lanes. I watch them for about 20 minutes. It is amazing how much calmer deer are when they are not over corn. Now to the more exciting part of my evening. At about 5:15 I see a shooter coming through the woods at about 45 yards. He looks to be an 8 maybe larger but he is going away from me. I grunted, rattled and estrous blat to no aval. He just keep on going. Man I was shaking like a baby's rattle. It took me 30 minutes to stop shaking. This was the first time I have seen a good Buck with my bow in my hand and I was excited. Then disappointed because I did not get a shot. I will however be back after him. Wanted to share my evening with everyone because I was sure excited.

Sorry for my rattling on, but thanks for listening.(reading)
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Had a good night in the woods

He was probably trailing the Doe's that walked by your stand.....keep at it and eventually they will walk closer to you and you will nail that Big Buck! Its just a matter of time before you shoot that Buck and at least your seeing some Deer moving around!I have sat for several days before I saw any movement around our Farm!It is a cool feeling/rush when you get a big Deer that close to you when your hunting!