Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple Hunting

Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Default RE: Couple Hunting

Mr Java and I hunt relentlessly together.. We are partners in life and woods..... Duck, deer, bunny, piggy, coyote, pheasant, quail, etc. Hopefully, soon, bear....

I bow, ML and shotgun hunt; rifle for the first time end of this month.

I love love love bow hunting and he enjoys my enthusiasm. Laughs at me, ridicules me, and is very proud of me for everything I pick up.

If your other half truly enjoys it you guys will LOVE the time together. If she is only doing it to try to “like” what you like you will tear each other apart…

Old 11-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Wife doesn't bow hunt, but does rifle and squirrel hunts. Shot her first and only buck with me in 03, gutted it also. Excitement has dwindled over the passed couple of years due to trespassers and her fear of not knowing if someone might be where she doesn't know it and vice versa. It is awesome to have the other half in the woods with me, can't wait til the daughteris old enough, (if I can get her interested)
Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure..Someone has to cook!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well we get a baby sitter like this year or the boys go with us... As the boys get older, I can see my wife hunting a LOT ! she loved it this year!

Oh what do we take... We take what any hunter needs.. weapon, clothing.. etc.. kind of nice we can hunt together out the front door or out the back though..

I gut all my wives kills.. I dont think she needs too either.. Thats what I am for...someday her boys..can do it for her. She washes all the dirty underwear you know..
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

Well we get a baby sitter like this year or the boys go with us... As the boys get older, I can see my wife hunting a LOT ! she loved it this year!

Oh what do we take... We take what any hunter needs.. weapon, clothing.. etc.. kind of nice we can hunt together out the front door or out the back though..

I gut all my wives kills.. I dont think she needs too either.. Thats what I am for...someday her boys..can do it for her. She washes all the dirty underwear you know..
LOL. That's probably worse than gutting week old road kill
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife will have nothing to do with it. Not because she is opposed, more like Ron White said, "its early, its cold, I aint going to do it". but she loves for me too.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

My wife would never hunt. She has been good about me hunting. She says I can kill turkey cause they are ugly, but she dosen't like the dear to be killed because they are cute.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM

I think that's cool i hunt with alot of girls and yes i am a guy
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am all for woman in the outdoors. we need more of it..we need all the support we can get to help back our battle with "the dark side"

as for me...i had a girlfriend for 3 years...she didnt know ANYTHING about the outdoors. i started slow and took he fishing as often as i could...she loved it..she wanted to shoot and tag along hunting, i just didnt have the time to teach her, and know she wasnt ready to even tag along on a hunt..she complained about bushes touching her fishing...but if i had the time i would have loved to teach her gun saftey, and how to shoot and let her tag along on hunts...even if she didnt wanna kill, she could been my camera girl

im not sure if i WANT a wife that hunts or not...it would be great to share the passion and expirience with...but half the reason i hunt is to simply get away from it ALL...then again...if i marry the right one, i wont WANT or NEED to get away from her....thats why im now single...looking for THE RIGHT one...someone i cant live without...not someone i cant live WITH lol...

i really think id love to have a wife that hunted though...be awesome to share the passion...someone that truely appriciates and understands it...
Old 11-06-2007, 02:48 PM

My wife and I have been hunting full tiime together for the past twenty years. She loves being in the outdoors
and has a number of kills to her credit from whitetail to elk. She is great to have in camp too. I love nothing more
than getting a call on my Nextel after hearing a shot in the distance and seeing her name in the screen.
Eric Stacy
Here is a story she once wrote for Real Hunters Journal and got it published about our hunting together.
http://www.wideworldofhunting.com/freegear/kerrystory.htm

Quick Reply: Couple Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.