Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Do you TREULY love them ? Almost fought

Okay, I want to add my opinion. I may catch some heat for this, but here goes. I think what we all sometimes don't realize is that these are just animals. The same as yotes, bobcats, ducks, pheasant, or anything else that we as hunters choose to hunt. However, it seems as though some people take these whitetail deer and put them up on a pedistal. I respect deer as much as anyone, but just because I do doesn't have to mean everyone does. I have heard stories of people shooting deer and looking for 30 mins. and not finding them.I have also heardof people shooting deer and checking them in only to take them and cut out the backstraps, then leave the deer in the woods so it would draw in the yotes and they could kill them. Do I agree with these people? NO! But it won't do me any good to confront them and act like they are less of a person than I am.

After reading this thread, a scenario came to mind. Let's say that someone, we'll call him John,had a son/daughter killed by someone who was speeding. Let's say you were at the bow shop and you arrived just before it closed. The owner says "Barely made it" You said "I know, I had to drive like 80 to get here" John confronts you for speeding and says that he should kick your a** for speeding.

I don't know if that makes sense. But what is really important to some people, just isn't as important to others. No matter how much you love deer, there will always be people who say "They are just animals"
Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love whitetails yes. They have become the only thing I hunt now, exclusively. No desire to hunt anything else, except for bull Elk someday in my dreams maybe.
Ionce attempted to free a trophy 10 PT. WT from a fence, on the last day of archery season and with an unfilled tag.
Fair is fair. Any other way is never contemplated with me.

You did good, but you could have just shot him like you would an armed trespasser.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Droptine,

Now that I see the rest of the story, I think you did exactly the right thing. I'm like you in that I feel free to offer my opinion, but don't seek confrontation. If someone confronts me, I'll generally try to defuse the situation. But if someone's determined to take it to the physical level, I don't want togive them the satisfaction of having someone back down to their bullying. I'm not that big (5'9, 185 lbs), and most people would peg me at closer to 160 lbs (what can I say? I'm dense, as anyone who knows me will attest) but I can sure as he!! fight. Getting an a$$whooping from someone they thought was an easy target may make them think about picking a fight next time.

Sounds to me like you told him something he knew deep down and it hurt. Good for you! Maybe he'll think about it before he shoots next time.