Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you TREULY love them ? Almost fought

I hate to see it in a bowhunter. I see it in gun hunters often. However if I see it in anyone they are not a true hunter.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow....were you reading my diary again.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

You guys aren't reading what I'm saying. How "I" feel is irrelevant to how someone else (who doesn't give a rat's ASS how "I" feel) feels. HUNTING IS PERSONAL. When we start projecting our ethics and views where they're not wanted (read any good QDM threads, lately????)....is when we "divide".

Also.....is a "deer" worth really getting into a fight over? Is a "deer" worth risking not going home to your family? In this instance.....a deer STORY! We don't even know if it's true!

I say it sometimes....."It's JUST a deer". I love 'em.....and I respect them....but I won't comprimise my ethics for one. I won't break the law for one. I won't fight for one. What you do is your own business.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love them, and have the respect to place a good shot on the deer. What that guy did was dumb, and sadly alot more people do that than you would think. I just cant see shooting at an animal and not knowing where I hit it or even if I hit it at all.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

That scenario would have mad me angry, too, DropTine. But I more or less agree with what GMMAT said. If they don't break any laws, then I can't really do anything about it but tell them what I think and have no respect for them. That's one of the things about living in a free country. Not only does everyone have an opinion, but we can express it. In this case, he can express his idiocy and you can express your ethics. Hopefully, when he gets home, he'll think about it a bit more, but who knows. Just imagine if the PETA folks or the Animal Defense League could force their "ethics" on us? Yech! (NOT that I'm comparing you to them. I'm not. But you get the idea)

(someone should force their spellcheck on me!)
Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put me in your column. Not caring at all, might as well use poison.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

To answer all of your questions in a word, yes. My wife gets annoyed that I pull over in traffic just to look at some deer.

I just love those animals and want to learn all I can about them.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM

The facts are not everyone has been raised in a hunting family. Also lots of people inherit the ethics of the people who introduced them to hunting. But getting in a stare down with another man over something that didn't directly affect you is irresponsible.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you think you have heard all the butt plug ideas on howto kill deer,I can top it .Last week my neighbor thought he saw a deer acting strange,so he walks over to his property line and can see a deer laying in his neighbors yard. he yells and the deer stands up but can't raise its head. He goes into his home ,gets his binoculars and goes back.
What he sees blows his mind. this assclown was snaring deer, I won't give the details because they are not important ,the local W.C.O. was called and he busted this guy.
Thats right snaring Deer I'm on the verge of ........................................
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.