Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help me pick my next pair of boots

Old 11-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default help me pick my next pair of boots

If you had $100 (give or take) to spend on a new pair of boots, which would you chose? I do walk 1/2 mile average to each one of my stands, and I prefer them to be warm. Must be available in a 14 or 15.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: help me pick my next pair of boots

Rocky's. There are a lot of great boots out there but I own 3 pair of rocky's and I love each pair of them. The steel toe Rocky's I have for work feel like running shoes custom fitted to my feet.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i currently have a pair of rockys that I bought 3 years ago, and they squeek everytime I walk, and the back of the heel area has no padding left. Are the newer ones any better than these?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still have the ones I got 6 years ago and they are no where near as comfortable as the ones I got this year.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Josh you gotta check out a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly's. I literally wear mine year around and put a bunch of miles on them. They are very comfortable and sturdy. And most importantly, scent proof. They are also available with different amounts of insulation

Old 11-02-2007, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Josh you gotta check out a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly's. I literally wear mine year around and put a bunch of miles on them. They are very comfortable and sturdy. And most importantly, scent proof. They are also available with different amounts of insulation
x 2.

if you turkey hunt or do much in the summer (scouting where you need to be scent free), id recomend the uninsulated ones. i wear my uninsulated ones all year long, just use warmer socks in the winter. that 1/2 mile walk will help warm your feet up for those cold days too.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did like the look of the dream season boots, but they only have them up to a size 13 on bass pro. I need at least a 14, preferably a 15.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

You really should check out theNew Muck Woody Armour boots. They are a little higher ($150 reg.), but if you shop around you can find them a little cheaper. I got mine for $124. They are the best boots I've ever had. They are very light (4lbs/pair), warm, and super comfy. I walk in between 1/2 mile and 1.5 miles on average, been at it all week this week, every day 3 to 5 miles. They never get heavy or make my feet or legs ache. And to top it off, they are snake proof also. You can also roll them down some to help air your feet out on warm days. Im telling you they are awesome.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure if the Mucks are available in that size, your a bigfoot aint ya?

Quick Reply: help me pick my next pair of boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.