Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do with your quiver once on stand? (Invention Idea) :)

Old 10-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do you do with your quiver once on stand? (Invention Idea) :)

Hey guys,

Ok here's a question for you all...how many of you shoot with a quiver on your bow? I know that I for one don't like to at all. I walk in with the quiver attached to the bow and used to have a spare bracket that I drilled into my stand to attach the quiver to once I got set up in my climber. Now if you have a steady tree that you use, you can just put a bow hanger hook into that tree and hang the quiver etc. I use a climber most of the time and find myself in different trees all the time so putting a hook in everytree every time doesn't seem worth the hassel. Well last week when I went out, I got up in the tree and realized my bracket fell off the stand somewhere and I had nothing to put the quiver on so I had to carefully balance the quiver on a pin from my stand. Can't believe it didn't fall off. Well as I'm daydreaming in the stand, I was thinking about the problem and think I came up with an awesome solution for a quiver that you can attach to any part of your stand in seconds without the chance of it falling or making noise. It will be held solid to the stand so if you need to grab the second arrow quickly and quietly, there would be no worries. It can also be positioned any way you want. So I went out the next day and bought materials for a prototype and gave it a shot last night and it worked flawlessly! I think there's a way to make it universal to just attach to any bow the same way you would a stand but I have to work on that. My question to everyone is, is there a need for this out there? I know I'll be using it for now on but I figure with all the man hours in a tree that makes up this board, this is the best place to pose such a question/idea. Does anyone else have an issue like this or am I missing an easy solution? Thanks for any input you guys have!

Old 10-31-2007, 03:30 PM

Default RE: What do you do with your quiver once on stand? (Invention Idea) :)

I use one of the kwickie spare brackets that screws into the tree then I slide my quiver into it...Takes a few secs and always has worked great.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate shooting with mine on as well, but I just stick it in my backpack arrow fletchings up and put a camo bag over top of the fletchings.

Now if i did not carry a backpack with me I would be interested in your idea.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Kwikee Quiver too. I have folding screw in bow-holders on all my stands. I hang it from the bow-holder..in between the arrows and the plastic braket. Hard to explain, but it works fantastic!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I thought about people using backpacks but since I work during the day I'm usually out only a few hours before dark and never really bring a pack. I'm surprised how many people I talk to shoot with the quiver on, I used to think it looked cool when I started bowhunting 14 years ago but that got out of my system real quick when I saw how it affected my shooting
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

You know, I never thought of just screwing in a bow holder to my stand for the quiver...good idea
Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

U slide my quiver onto my EZhanger.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I hate shooting with mine on as well, but I just stick it in my backpack arrow fletchings up and put a camo bag over top of the fletchings.

Now if i did not carry a backpack with me I would be interested in your idea.
That is what I do because I hate shooting with mine on!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

I usually take it off of my bow and promptly drop it while trying to hang it from a limb![:@]

Actually, I installed a hook on the back of it and usually hang it from one of the treestand straps.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually just put it in my backpack

Quick Reply: What do you do with your quiver once on stand? (Invention Idea) :)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.