Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update on bad shot.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Update on bad shot.

I got him. He went about 50 yds after crossing the road. I waited 2 hrs before trailing him, it was a relief. To those of you who supported my decision, I thank you. Those of you who said I needed to call in, or I am irresponsible, sorry you guys feel this way. Most of us can't take off like that, and I do not go into the woods with the attitude that Im going to make a bad shot. Things happen, I was blessed to find him as early as I did. I have 2 children and a wife that I left tonight to find this deer. I did what I had to do, I normally make good shots, I didn't see everyone jumping on GregH this way. Come on guys, we already have enough people out there against us, don't make it easier for them. We are a band of brothers in our passion.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Update on bad shot.

Glad you found him, I found both of these threads at the same time.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM

good job man.. what was it..
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

congrats
Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Congrats on your buck! I agree, not all of us can just change our schedule whenever we want to work around hunting. Some have to just hunt whenever we can.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great job, ? How bout some pics.

Remember you left the same ones at home to shoot the deer that you left to go find it ,just putting it in prospective.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD work Va....you didnt make a horrible shot, like say for example hitting a twig on the shot last night and deflecting into lets say the buttocks of a buck and coming out midway through the deer on the opposite side kind of thing like me.....I mean my friend last night.

virginiashadow
Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
bigcountry

Good job man. When you said you found blood on the road, it sounded promising. I have hit them high in the liver and they quit bleeding totally.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 PM

He was a nice 8pt, not too wide but good tine length and decent mass. I will hopefully have pics on here by tomorrow. Bawanajim, you are right in the fact that I left them to go, but I only go when it is ok for me to leave, Im a very dedicated father, my wife wants me to go out and enjoy my hobbies. Not exactly sure what you are saying. Are yousaying I should not have gone? Please explain.Anyway, thanks again to all who helped me.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job Man!!!!! I am sooo glad you found your deer so that way we can stop reading from people tell you that you shouldnt hunt!!!!!!!!!!

GET SOME PICS UP!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Quick Reply: Update on bad shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.