Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No wind in Oklahoma question...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Spike

Default No wind in Oklahoma question...

I had a question that I cant figure out......... I was bow hunting and there was 0 to 2 mph wind all weekend. I thought great, finally no wind since I live in Oklahoma but it was a nightmare. Everytime I hunt and there is 5 to 10 mph or better deer can walk all around me and not pick up my smell since I am scent cautious. But this weekend was different. I got busted everytime no matter where the deer was coming from. I was told that when there is no wind that your scent goes straight down and hangs around like fog.

So is this true or not? Thanks for the replies
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No wind in Oklahoma question...

I like a definate wind in one direction as opposed to a perfectly still morning, but ...in the morning the thermals should push your scent up and and in the evening push it down. I didn't have any problems this weekend in the same conditions. Might check your gear, make sure everything was scent proof. Good luck.