Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RUT SETUP????

Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RUT SETUP????

ok i have 2 choices of areas to hunt 1 of tehm is an open field wer ea lot of does come out ihave my blind up and the deer are use to it but they come out in very different spots all the time. there are also a lot of does there so i no there will b bucks soon. the other spot is a really big oak flat w/ a thick marsh in it's bottom. i found 2 very big scrapes and i no there are also a lot of does but for somereason it seems like there isn't alot of activity in the afternooon. but i wasn't sure if this would change with the rut coming into play.

also would it we to early to put some doein heat on a scrap. and how effect is like a midday hunt during teh rut???
Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Default RE: RUT SETUP????

I would spend some time in both stands and yes i think the deer activity will increase during rut and
late pre rut stages to any time of the day.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the oak flat the morning thru mid-afternoon. Then sneak over to your ground blind at the field for the late afternoon and evening hunt. You should catch them coming back to the thick cover to bed in the morning and maybe catch a buck cruising the bedding area looking for Hot doe throughout the day. And you can never go wrong with afood source that has doe using it at the end of the day during the rut! Good Luck!!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

well teh only prb. is teh blind is about 2 miles away i should ahve mentioned they wer 2 compleltely dif. spots