Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone use the Summit Viper SS Treestand

Old 10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default anyone use the Summit Viper SS Treestand

I've read lots of reviews and it looks like it will fit my bowhunting and muzzleloading needs. I just want to see who uses it and who likes it and who hates it and why?

Old 10-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone use the Summit Viper SS Treestand

i love mine. comfy, quiet, comfy, easy enough to pack, carries easy, did i mention comfy? oh...secure and safe...that front bar makes you feel 243543x safer...and makes climbing simple and easy...

is a littttle bulky and a little heavier than some...but ive made walks over a mile without troubles. front bar does get in the way of shooting if you try shooting your bow sitting down. but i rather shoot standing anyways...

i really like mine...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

I bought an Equalizer climbing treestand based on a recommendation from this very message board...love it! Wieghs in at 20 pounds, sets up in a flash, and gives me three seating options on the stand. Check out the Equalizer website!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I've got the Viper Classic, which I think is pretty much the same stand except it weighs about 7 more pounds. I've got admit, I love the thing. It's easy to climb with and comfortable as can be. I did 7hrs in it Saturday morning and didn't feel stiff at all. If anything, it's too comfy as I've found myself nearly dozing off in it a few times.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a SUMMIT Viper stand that's 2 years oldand it's the BEST. Next to my Mathews Switchback XT, it's the second best investment I have made for hunting. Easy to use, sturdy (I'm 6'3" 270 lbs.), fairly light @ 20 lbs., quiet and safe. I have a few friends that have them and they also love them. Can't go wrong here.