Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

Hey all,

Haven't been on much, the weekend was full of hunting, gabbing and FUN. I don't know where to start so I'll start from the begining.

Wednesday evening Jeff and Lisa rolled in here from NC plenty early. That was fortunate because Wednesday is always my wife and I's date night. We go to a local country tavern for wings. With her shedule and Wednesday night wing special at this tavern it's made for a wonderful evening for us for more than 4 years now. Waiting for my wife to get home, I give Jeff and Lisa a tour of our log home. Jeff walkes up to my French doors and says, there's a deer, a buck! Sure enough, a buck skirts just below the house and through the woods right on cue...lol

My wife comes home and we head out for wings. We enjoyed the evening and returned home to relax, talk and prepare for the next couple days of hunting. Bright and early Thursday morning Jeff and I head out to my Hollow spot. We got in plenty early and although I did not see a deer, Jeff did see a couple skirt below him, above me. We arrived back at the house to find my Diamond Marquis had arrived via Fed Ex! We ran out to Gander Mountain to kill some time and shop before heading back out. While relaxing before the afternoon hunt, the doorbell rang and shazaaam, my Bowtech General arrived via Fed Ex too.

Thursday evening we hunted my "honey hole" and I walked Jeff to my food plot stand and I headed over to my pin oak stand. I saw the 2 doe that had Jeff pinned in his stand just before dark but after we got out I discovered that Jeff had a buck move in behind him. He heard a tree being trashed and just happened to see a buck moving off through the woods. Unsuspecting the buck was a mere 15 yards behind him but that's a tough spot to see through until the leaves come down. There are sapling beech trees as a background and they hold their leaves forever. Day one over.

Day Two, Friday Jeff and I hunted the hollow in front of my house. It was a pretty exciting morning but you can read that under Jeff's thread. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2407518

Kurt (Q2INWHITETAILS) rolled in while we relaxed before the afternoon hunt. Jeff and Kurt got to meet and shoot the bull, early afternoon we decided to go back out in front of the house there and see if any of those bucks would roll back through.

Left to Right: Kurt (Q2), Jeff (GMMAT) and myself.

That evening the heavens opened up and the above 3 guys got nothing but wet! Thing is, Kurt had a treestand mishap. He ordered an Ol'man and had it shipped to my house, it hadn't arrived yet so he took my older Loggy Bayou for a climber, we usually use it as a lock on. Anyway, he climbed a tree, set it, put on his safety belt, sat down and zip, the treestand slid down the tree leaving him upside down. He righted himself, slid down the platform 10' below him. How lucky was that....USE YOUR HARNESSES!!!!!!! He's was bruised but stayed and hunted. When we got back to the house, yup you guessed it, his Ol'man treestand came via UPS.

Back at the house Matt / PA had rolled in and was entertaining Jeff and I's wives while awaiting our return. We discussed the next mornings events. It was pretty much decided that if it were raining hard, we'd be sleeping in. The alarm went off at 5:00 Saturday morn and I heard Jeff up talking with Matt and we turned on the weather to see if the rain would clear, it wasn't and it was raining hard so we all went back to bed.

We prepared to meet Rick James (Matt) and Jawshooter (Dan) for lunch. Denny "Wags" (tkycaller) came and off we went to meet RJ and JS for lunch. Everyone got to meet and talk during lunch. GMMAT generously bought everyone's lunch before we even knew the bill came. Jeff, thank you, that was thoughtful.

Front L 2 R: Me with my wife Jenny, tkycaller (Denny), Jeff's wife Lisa and Kurt (Q2).
Back L 2 R: Matt / PA, Jawshooter (Dan), GMMAT (Jeff) and Rick James (Matt)

After the picture and all the good byes we all headed back to "Camps" for the afternoon hunt. This was "camp" front porch over the weekend.

Recognizing faces yet? Kurt, Matt, Denny, Jeff and me.

And what's wrong with this next pic?

The plan was finalized, Denny would stay with Kurt and hunt/film him in the hollow in front of the house. Matt, Jeff and I would hunt my honey hole/food plot. The rain had stopped but the wind was howling. Matt, Jeff and I didn't see a deer, Kurt and Denny almost took a wide 6 point on camera. He just didn't want to cooperate.

We had to hustle though, our plan that night was to dress up for Halloween and hit a local Halloween party which Jenny and I usually attend. Costumes were mandatory or you could not go.

Okay guys, laugh your butts off at this shot. Here we are all dressed up for Halloween.

Left to right: Me, Jeff, Lisa, Matt, Kurt, Debbie and Jenny.

We had an amazing good time that night. The "club" has a fantastic turnout for costumes. It's amazing what everyone comes up with to wear. There were some crazy get ups...LOL [8D]

We were all clowning around and here's a shot or one of your favorite posters with the antlers from the amazing traditional hunt and frusterating recovery of his first record book animal.

and a close up of Matt's fantastic buck:

Old 10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

great weekend
Old 10-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, Rob... I know how long something like that takes to put together! I also know how enjoyable it is when you get to remember all the fun times you just got to experience!

Back at the house Matt / PA had rolled in and was entertaining Jeff and I's wives while awaiting our return.
This is the thing that would scare me the most!! [8D]
Old 10-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. Sweet costumes!!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

nice and whenever u have 3 women around...thats even better..
Old 10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a blast. The costumes were awsome. Glad you boys had a great get together.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Host of Hosts

Looks like you guys and gals had a great time. You created a heck of alot of good memories in one weekend that will last forever. That's what its all about.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures of your great weekend
Old 10-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm really hoping I'm able to meet you and Jeff here in a couple weeks.

Sounds like great fun!

Quick Reply: Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.