Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crazy, FUN Weekend Thread.

The only think missing from your weekend was PreacherTony and his beautiful wife .... she'd fit right in with yours! oh yeah ..... so would my ugly mug

next time the Preacher needs and invite
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like ya'll had a hoot! Good on ya!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Great pics!
That's what hunting is all about right there!
Jeff, Did your wife like the 80's...LOL
Gotta like a lady in her 80's wear!

Looks like a good halloween party.

Darrall Dougherty
Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I had a great time getting to meet so many of you at lunch on Saturday. Thanks again to Jeff for picking up the tab as well,that was awfully generous! Too bad we didn't make the Halloween party, looks and sounds like you guys has a blast, the pictures are great!

Dan and I continued to work on the ceiling in the cabin after lunch to seal up my soffit and ridge vents in preperation for the colder weather duringour trip next week. We didn'tget into the woods until about 4:00 or so for the evening hunt. We decided to hang my new trail camera over a fantastic pinch point (Sanfords Hollow) and then sit in the ground blind together since it was so late already. We ended up having the neighbors wife walk the dog within 75 yards of us just about at 6pm, which probably spooked the normal 5-8 does that come out there every night. We did end up with a VERY large 1.5 year old or small/average 2.5 year old 6 pointer coming into the plot just at dark to check it for does. He put on a good show and scraped 50 yards in front of us on the edge of the plot, so at least we didn't get skunked. Sunday morning produced nothing in NY either, I think the full moon has them bedded down well before shooting light.

Anyhow, it was great to meet all of you and I'm certainly hoping we can do it again soon. Hopefully we can get a group of the PA guys together for the Sportsmans Show this February.Matt, as I mentioned at lunch, you and Rob have to come up to my place this spring for a hunt or two. I'm pretty confident that if given a few days we can get you on a bird. In the last 3 years since I've started hunting this place hard I've yet to go more than 2 days without either getting a bird for myself, or callingone infor others to shoot. I'm pretty certain we can get you on one if given 2-3 days to make it happen......maybe we can get something coordinated for a 3 day weekend with a local3D mixed in there on a Sunday.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see and hear you guys had a great time!