Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a morning! They're finally moving.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What a morning! They're finally moving.

Well I awoke this morning to a light rain that quickly turned to a downpour. I decided to wait it out until it tapered off slightly, and it did. However, I felt like doing some still hunting this morning, and the conditions were perfect for it. About 8:00 I'm coming down of an Oak ridgetop and I see a doe flat out running across a bench midway up. I figured she's surely being chased by a buck, and sure enough, not far behind was a smally 4pt. She outran him and I think he may have just given up or got confused about where she went, but he walked right up to within 5-8 yds of me (I'm in the open with no cover, a testiment to ASAT effectiveness), and he never saw me. What a rush. I then went and got on stand that sits just outside a bedding area and between a foodplot. I sat until 11:20, but did manage to see another 4 pt (different rack), so it's good to see they're finally up moving.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What a morning! They're finally moving.

I sat in my stand yesterday from about 3 to 7pm and saw 8 or so deer in the pouring rain. Went out this morning at 6am to a soaking wet seat on my climber and sat there for 7hrs until 1pm without seeing anything. About 1pm I saw two does at an all out sprint running toward me and right past my stand. If I'd brought the shotgun instead of the bow I'd have taken a shot, they were that close. They were being chased.....by three deer dogs. Seven hours in the woods ruined by three stupid dogs that aren't allowed on any property within 4 miles of our hunting area.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a morning! They're finally moving.

Didn't get out today Matt, had to sacrifice and get some work done today and tomorrow so that I can hunt almost everyday until the season ends. Good to hear that they are up and running. Sunday's temp drop should really give this rut thing a kick. Good luck.