Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost hunting spot - pic

Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Default RE: Lost hunting spot - pic

ORIGINAL: Montyo976

Did you go talk to the landowner yourself? That's what I'd do if I thought my "friend" was trying to keep me out of there.
Thats a good start!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would tell him that you think he just said that to get at the buck you do not like it and would like the chance to hunt the land maybe offer not to shoot that buck or like others said offer money it does wonders
Old 10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Is it the land owner or your buddy who you think wants this buck to himself? If you did not hear it from the land owner... is your bud that kind of guy who would screw you over for a chance at a buck?
Who the hell needs a buddy like that?
DW
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say probably 130-132
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing the same kind of thing. I hunt land around my house, about 20 acres between mine and another persons. I have a friend who wanted to hunt the area across the road from me, so I said no harm no foul but just stay there. He put out a corn pile and shot a 6pt opening day of gun season at first light. He's been back with several other people putting out corn and his girlfriend smelling up the area with perfume and what-not. Now, he isn't seeing deer and wants to hunt "another" area near me. He started asking questions about my powerline stands and cornpiles and I realized that he'd trounced all over my hunting area the other day while I was at work. I wanted to bitch-slap the crap out of him. I've backed off my cornpile because it was going through a 100lb bag of corn every two days, deer were everywhere but were nocturnal. I haven't put out corn in two weeks and have started hunting the trails leading to and from, and seeing way more deer than before and I only huntout there every four to five days.Bottom line, he's ruined two different areas overhunting and being stupid already and the rut hasn't even started. Now he's trying to mess up my areas by being a moron.

It's amazing the level people will stoop to when it comes to such a thing as killing an animal. They're dirty, sneaky and just plain stupid. I feel your pain for doing all the work and having a jealous, greedy fool screw it up.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Host of Hosts

Happened to me a few years back. I rented an old farm house on 110 acres and had permission to hunt it and have a friend or 2 on the land also. I invited a friend I've know since grade school to hunt and after he leard what kind of deer it held he had his brothr and father in-law there hunting. Next thing I know there 4 guys back there. Itruined the area for years. Too much pressure shut them deer down and they turned completely nocturnal. I haven't hunted there in years, but I'mm gonna ask to get back in there next season. All those guys are no longer hunting there so it should be good again.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep your info to yourself next time, don't be so free with itwith others that can do to you what has been done.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt that'sa nice buck, but to kick a buddy off a farm b/c of that... I'd tell him what you think then be done w/ him!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Unfortunately that ishow it goes. I have found out that you really have to keep your mouth shut when it comes to what you see in your hunting spots. Word gets out and people talk, people get jealous and things happen. I don't say much unless it is to my Dad or my woman. Good luck I hope you get back in there.
ditto,keep it to yourself,all the hard work you put into it,thats part of hunting too,control the gab man.............[X(]
Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a "buddy" help me drag out two deer last year from the same spot. This year he has a stinking motorhome parked out there and is wandering about the woods stalking deer.
It's insulting that he would step on my toes but he has not shot a deer in years and he does no research or stand set-ups prior to the season so that's what he gets.
There are magazine hunters and then there are the guyswho get out there.

PS.. I tell them my spots, just not the right ones...

Quick Reply: Lost hunting spot - pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.