Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is going on with me?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is going on with me?

i do not think your nuts but might be a little but what will you wont to do to your self if you see one twice the size take your rope you use topull your bow up and hang your self on your stand . I usely go with my gut for anything

on the first day i saw five deer and the third i drawed on and she got behinda tree half way i could have took the shoot and got lungs or heart but it was to close i wonted to punch myself awell after that hunt but i did the right thing just go with your first gut thought
Old 10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey nybh, I know exactly what you are talking about. That is the reason that I have been skunked for the last 3 seasons.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey i did the same thing last year. i passed on a buck that would have easily been pope and young. and i spent an entire year second guessing myself. people told me all year i was stupid. But then i got a call last week from the landowner and he said the same deer is back and ALOT bigger. It could will pay off later on down the road. Remember patience is a virtue
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

NY Bow, Tag soup does not fill a guy up, but compromising on your standards will ensure that you will not meet the goals you have obviously set for yourself.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are becoming one of them!!! A trophy hunter.
Lol... not really. I've been a "trophy"/big buck hunter for awhile now. I've passed on a lot of pretty nice bucks over the years. All of which I didnt' regret afterwards because they were definitely not what I wanted (but close).

This year is just strange because I've set the same standard as I've had for the last ten years. I know whats out there and what my land has to offer. What my land has to offer walked by me twice so far lol . I dont' know... I can't explain it. It's usually crystal clear when I see a buck that I want to shoot (or not want to shoot). Maybe it will pay off. Ahhh hell I may as well go for broke now and hold out for an absolute monster or nothing.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where's your camera? Shoot it with that and you won't have that feeling of despair after he walks out of range. I remember that last buck you got, there have to be more like him in there. Don't dought yourself, he will come, still a lot of time left and it's the best time too.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Site Buck Guru

Patience grasshopper...... you will be rewarded.

Do as Rickmur suggests, take their pics. It's fun.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Host of Hosts

hey nybh, I know exactly what you are talking about. That is the reason that I have been skunked for the last 3 seasons
Yeah me to! Well I was only skunked last season. I haven't killed a buck yet with my bow in the 3 years I've hunted with it. I killed abaldy the first year and last year I let everything walk. I had numerous ops at doe , but for some reason didn't want to take any.

Where's your camera? Shoot it with that and you won't have that feeling of despair after he walks out of range.

That's what I've been doing this year. It's a good feeling watching those deer on video over and over and showing your friends what you se while spending all those hours on stand. I'm haing almost as much fun shooting them with my camcorder. If I ever figure the transfer of mini DV to computer I'll post the buck video.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to start doing that. Never really taken any pics from my stand while hunting. One more thing for the fanny pack [:-]
Old 10-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I'm going to start doing that. Never really taken any pics from my stand while hunting. One more thing for the fanny pack [:-]
I know what you mean. I carry enough stuff to begin with much less adding more. I can be a real pita.

Here's a pic I took on Oct 17th of a buck that I missed on Nov 11th. []
It helps to show that I'm not exaggerating the size of the deer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.