Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best ever?? Who???

Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best ever?? Who???

Without a shadow of a doubt "THE GREAT" Fred Bear!!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM

i don't think you can really judge the hunters, but only judge the land. I would have to say anyone on this forum can go to the places the people on tv hunt and kill giants. Bring those people to a place like Jersey and PA and let them find and hunt quality deer. It is alot different.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Hey, It's not a dumb question, I asked your opinion and you finally told me, you think your dad is the greatest hunter ever, fine. that is what I was asking, who you think the best whitetail bowhunter is or who you admire the most. You are lucky or blessed to have afather that took you hunting and share those memories with you, some of us didn't have that, I learned from own dumb mistakes, my father was not much of a hunter, he was farmer and not a good one either, but I love and he tried to do his best. Don't get so testy about the question, it is all in good fun!!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

They used to say about Don Shula the Miami Dolphins football coach for the real young here that he could beat you with his team and then take your team and beat you with your team.The point being that he was such a great coach he would get the best out of whatever circumstances he was given.
I agreed with the one response a gentleman here had made that you cannot even quantify a best,that the challenge is between the individual and his quarry.
How do you define best,knowledge,book entries,number of deer taken? I guarantee their are some folks on this forum that can hold their own with any body.
As it relates to the well known guy's I am a huge Randy Ulmer fan,although he is not known as a whitetail hunter.Hard to look past Miles Keller or that gentleman from West Virginia who has some sick amount of Pope and Young entries.This made for TV hunter don't do much for me,I want the guy or gal who does their own scouting sets their own stands etc.
If any one want s to be inspired by the effort to be excellent read through the journals here a recent one written by Troy Pottenger speaks volume about committment and dedication.Also a great book I just finished by Cameron Haynes Back Country Bowhunting,it is very hard not to respect what these folks put in to their hunting.
What was the question?LOL.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Ok then, Don Shula or Tom Landry??? Naw, I ain't going there!! LOL!!! Good point, hey, I know you can't measure who is better, I just wanted to see who people respect and don't respect, I enjoy watching all the shows and videos, it gets me pumped, but I take it all with a grain of salt. I have been blessed to kill several very nice bucks, and 2 of them very exceptional deer....none of the stuff I watched on tv had anything to do with it, I learned through trial and error, and simply being around and obssesed with this thing we call hunting!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 PM

#1 Fred Bear
#2 Chuck Adams
Old 10-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

miles keller

roger raglin's trophy room is impressive too
Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

AMEN ! You come into NJ and it all changes. Youll see monster after monster after monster on our trail cameras. Youll get in the woods and maybe see 1 in 5 that you saw on the camera. MAYBE. Its hard huntin' deer that are elusive. Thats why NJ hunters that go out West are so productive. Its a challenge though and I like it. In my personal opinion, you cant say that there is a "best whitetal hunter" anywhere.

Look at these guys that killed some of the biggest bucks ever, alot are old, hick, farts that know little about hunting and got lucky. Alot are young kids that just spent enough time in the woods to get lucky. They may never even take another respectable buck in their lives !! Then, look at some of these guys that may not have ever killed anything over 120'' or even 100'', but, they've killed 2 every year for many years !! I have more respect for THAT guy then the hick or kid that got lucky !!

How do you know that all these other guys you are speaking of know nothing about hunting?

Why are deer in NJ tougher to hunt than everywhere else?

Don't you think it is alot easier to get trail cam photo's of nice bucks than actually kill them anywhere else in the country...not just NJ?

Who are all these NJ hunters that are so succesfull out west compared to everyone else?

You made the statements so I am asking the questions...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Don't you think it is alot easier to get trail cam photo's of nice bucks than actually kill them anywhere else in the country...not just NJ?
I was just thinking the same thing. Apparently, the best hunters must come from NJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.