Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best ever?? Who???

Old 10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best ever?? Who???

This is a crazy question in my opinion. I really don't think we can compare hunting in terms of hunters against other hunters. It's not like tennis, where you can match them up. I do recognize that some hunters make more and bigger kills than others, but I'm not sure that that is the point at all. To me, hunting seems to be about me and nature, in the specific local that I find myself. There are too many factors, such as land management, crop rotation, genetics, disease, game laws, population density, and qdma to make a fair comparison about the deer themselves.

When I hunt, it's about me and the deer. Yes, I am proud of other hunters. Some of them have even acheived celebrity status within our ranks. If you are asking about which celebrity we like the most, that would certainly be entertaining.

I personally don't care about shooting all the various types of legal big game. Turkey and deer are fine for me. However, I appreciate someone's goal to do so. Chuck Adams certainly earned my respect for being the first to do so.

I guess I just don't know how we could compare who is the "best" or even why we would want to add that sort of competitive spirit and elitism to our noble hunting tradition and discourse.

You probably didn't want that sort of response, so I apologize.

To answer your question, SGT. Ken Bennett is the best hunter ever. He got me into the sport and taught me much of what I know. He's serving overseas on behalf of our country right now. He's the best I know because he brought me into a sport that I needed and took the time to nurture me in it. Thanks Ken.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:50 AM

That was a great response. I hunt because it is what I am good at, it is also my primal scream. Some guys play football, basketball, bowl etc.. this gets my soul, it has my soul!!! Well, so does Jesus, but you know what I mean. I love it. I just thought it would be neat to hear why some guys like certain bowhunters more than others, not really wanting a competition. Bowhunting to me is not a sport, it is part of me, in the same way that Christianity is a part of me.. you know??
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM

AAHHHHHH.....Noel Feather..........man have not heard that name in a long time
Old 10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

AAHHHHHH.....Noel Feather..........man have not heard that name in a long time
He spends his free time with Roger Rothar..................[:'(]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nole Feather can just stay up in central illinois where he lives instead of coming down to Southern Illinois and hunting in other guys stands on private ground.....thats all i am saying!

I think the best bowhunters are just everyday average people who kill the best bucks there area has to offer consistently. No hunting with outfitters in my opinion. (I have no problem with outfitters, or hunting with them dont get me wrong). I just think its a lot harder to kill mature bucks other places.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Stan Potts...LOL!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Ok you said whitetail hunter. Tom Miranda isn't even close. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but best hunter...NO!
Whitetails Gene & Barry Wensel hands down. These guys live whitetails!
And have killed and will still kill more big bucks then most of us ever will.
Yeah Chuck got the super slam but he also had a lot of backing to do it.
If he wouldn't have been interested in doing all the traveling.They would have just found someone else to sponsor that wanted to.
Gene and Barry did it all themselves. No guided hunts. They scouted and learned whitetails 12 months out of the year.

Darrall Dougherty
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 PM

id say the most successful hunter in NA has to be chuck adams when it comes to bowhunting.....who knows about africa, from what ive read, any given PH over there has more skills than the best hunters from NA that head over there to hunt.

I vote for Chuck. but who really knows tho?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Guy from MI will leave his name out of it
Thanks Germ ,but everyone is hear about me anyway
Old 10-26-2007, 01:47 PM

What makes the "Professional Hunter" better than you or I?

I say the most knowledgeable are:

Waddell
Stan Potts
Myles Keller
Alex Rutledge

But there are so many in which I completely dislike that are so called professionals. Heck when I talked to an outfitter that Tom Miranda used, they said they had to put the kill shot on his Red Stag because he merely wounded it. They said his shooting skills were slim to none. Ted Nugent also can't shoot worth a darn either. This is probably one of the dumbest questions I have seen asked. If someone is looking up to these hunters theres something wrong, I only had one hunter I looked up to and that is my father!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.