Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a cool morning......Still no BBD

Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a cool morning......Still no BBD

good luck!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

It was a very cool morning because of the outcome.

I was wondering as I sat in my tree.

We walked out my door, down the trail and into the hardwoods where I do my turkey hunting. I know there are good deer there althought I've never seriously bowhunted it for whitetails. I did as a quick hunt after work or a rainy day. I told Jeff I've never come down here (either turkey hunting) deer hunting an not missed out seeing deer. I hunted it once this year and passed a small legal 5 point. We got into the hardwoods and I said to Jeff, anywhere right here, pick a good tree. I'll go about 100 yards down the hollow. I didn't go 60 yards and the tree tops erupted in turkeys.....I went a little further, found me the tree I wanted and climbed in. As it lightened up, I hear the treetops moving...3 more hens were within 10 yards of me. Damn, I'm nailed down. The lighter it got the more ansy they got. They got to holler'n at me to the point I stood and flushed them just to shut them up...LOL Turkey season starts tomorrow...lol figures.

As they gathered below us with all the kee kees, whistles and the dominant hen assembly yelps I smiled.

I sat as long as I could without seeing a deer. I decided to get down and as I was headed over to Jeff I figured I'd say I'm sorry for a slow morning, little did I know he had one of the most exciting hunts he's had.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aint' that the way...and if you were alone..you'd have been thinking there wasn't a buck withing 500 yard of ya.

Crazy critters!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I hope you guy's have fun! Sounds like a great time so far and will be I am sure regardless of the outcome! If both of the bucks that Jeff saw came out of the same location,setting up close to that location and down wind may not be such a bad idea.
Good luck!!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

20-30... Sounds like easy pickins
Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

are you having to cart Rob in? or is theol decrepid guy getting around good now. sounds like fun guys!! you almost connected on a slammer