Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

ok i got anoth what if question.

Lets say your hunting your land and your stand is about 10 yards of the property line and you see a nice size buck say 10 point 3 1/2 year or if you hunting for meat a 3 1/2 doe

and it is 10 yards across the line in a field that no one hunts not even in soybeans which is about 30 yards farther then the little grass weed field the deer is in .

You know the guy who owns the land ncie guy likes you but you do not have permisson to hunt the land but have never been told no.

Would you shootif you know no one hunted it no one was there or even there to often unless farming . No house around or nothing and the deer will more then likly run onto your land since the trails all head that way
Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

No, I'd go get permission first. If he likes you so much, you should not have a problem. If he is an unpressured deer there won't be many reasons he won't be there the next day.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

I know the neighbors that hunt around me would shoot in a heartbeat, even though we have not granted them permission and we dohave our property posted. If you don't want to put yourself in that situation, just move your stand further away from the property line so you don't have to worry about taking a shot on someone elses property.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i plan to move mine but i am about a 60 yards from it and found a good spot that runs about 6 trails from from the bean field to my creek but for me to move there i will be on the line about 5 yards of and am kinda worried i might get tempted to shot across the line

which i do not wont but saying i wont and seeing a big doe since i hutn does on this land per land owners rules
it might just be to much for me i have failed to get a deer but do not wont to get one and have it tanted .

I hate tresspassers and do not wont to tresspass .
Old 10-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brent - it's an ethics issue. The way I look at it, it's poaching, same as shining a light on them. If you don't have permission to hunt there and you kill one, heck might as well hunt at the zoo.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cripes! that's an easy one. You don't have permission to hunt the land where the deer is standing, so it's a no shot. If you do, you have just become a poacher (here in Iowa anyway). Second of all, even if no one else will know, you will. I do believe there are people who would take that shot, but I don't think they usually frequent this forum.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter
I do believe there are people who would take that shot, but I don't think they usually frequent this forum.
I think you may be surprised... You may have missed the thread about how many people would knowingly trespass to retrieve a downed deer. I'm not by any means saying these two hypothetical situations are the same, but if one does the first, who's to say he or she may not do the other?

I can admit that I would be tempted to take the shot. Tempted is key here. Who wouldn't want to take that deer, if of course he/she was up to your own personal standards. There isn't a person here that wouldn't be saying to himseld "c'mon, a few more yards and your mine!" Everyone understand what I'm saying here? The temptation will be there for each of us in varying degrees...period.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

you wait till its on your land . I once shot a doe with a muzzle that stepped 10 feet over over the line onto the property i had permission to hunt. dropped her in her tracks.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter
I do believe there are people who would take that shot, but I don't think they usually frequent this forum.
I think you may be surprised... You may have missed the thread about how many people would knowingly trespass to retrieve a downed deer. I'm not by any means saying these two hypothetical situations are the same, but if one does the first, who's to say he or she may not do the other?

I can admit that I would be tempted to take the shot. Tempted is key here. Who wouldn't want to take that deer, if of course he/she was up to your own personal standards. There isn't a person here that wouldn't be saying to himseld "c'mon, a few more yards and your mine!" Everyone understand what I'm saying here? The temptation will be there for each of us in varying degrees...period.
Well said, burbaust.

Quick Reply: on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.