Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: on the property lane and you see a big deer ten feet across it

3 years ago during 1st firearm season in Illinois, this very thing happened to me.
I had the crosshairs of my scope fixed on this cow of a 160" buck and just needed him to walk another 10 feet towards me to cross the property line, which he never did.

He walked the other direction and I haven't seen that buck since. Rules are rules, play by them all or don't play at all.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

3 years ago during 1st firearm season in Illinois, this very thing happened to me.
I had the crosshairs of my scope fixed on this cow of a 160" buck and just needed him to walk another 10 feet towards me to cross the property line, which he never did.

He walked the other direction and I haven't seen that buck since. Rules are rules, play by them all or don't play at all.
What he said, if you own land and have someone do this to you it sucks. If they got legally I am happy as hell for them, but rules are rules[>:]
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

What he said, if you own land and have someone do this to you it sucks. If they got legally I am happy as hell for them, but rules are rules[>:]

Exactly, i do want to shoot a monster buck as much as the next guy, but its just a deer. Why chance ruining the rest of your hunting career just for one buck? If the other land owner is a prick he could really make you miserable in a hurry. Its notworth the stress lol
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

bigcountry, you forgot to mention the part where you spenta little private time spooning with the deer! lol
Spoonin deer? At this point, its dark and I just got back from the liquor store and I need to get out my spotlight to do some real hunting on someone else's land. I mean thats when the bigboys come out.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fair is fair. If you know hes coming into your place, wait it out. Shoot that deer on the wrong property and you may never gain permission.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

guy fired a shot in my direstion he would find him self 6 feet under the property line
ORIGINAL: BullRider115

Same topic, different situation..........

My wife's Aunt and Uncle finally gave us permission to hunt their 17 acre piece. This land has not been hunted in 5-8 years and the deer are everywhere. We did not have to travel far from the house to set up a Doghouse and throw out some bait so my 13 year old could get her first deer. When you step out of our blindm turn around and you are looking right at the back of their garage, literally 50 yards straight line. Last Sunday morning, I get a surprise visitor, who scares the heck out of me, reems me out and tells me I am trespassing on their property. (The neighbor owns 440 acres). I am a bit confused on this and p'd off since I know where the back property marker is as well as the front. I am well within our property.
Wrong, somehow the survey does a wierd left right jag just behind the garage and put me on the neighbors property by 4 feet. I apoligized many times and asked permission to keep our pop up there and was told no. I said I understood and would move it.
I get this guy on a civil conversation and we talk about deer movement. He tells me he has a treestand only 40 yards back from where our pop up was set up......... Here is about where I lost it, he tells me that this is his gun stand and when the leaves are down he can shoot all the way across the old baseball field when the bucks come out of the river bottom........

The field is our property, not his. I didn't know what to say to this guy without totally losing it. this kind of person makes me want to vomit re eat it and vomit again. The more I think about this the madder I get. He had to trespass our property to find our pop up in the first place.

I did do the right thing though, I moved totally across the property right to the top of the ridge above the river bottom, just off the old field, right where he thought he would be shooting this season.

You see a honest mistake of 4 feet, dug this guy a mile hole. We will definitely be monitoring all gun season to see if he takes a shot across and charges will be filed immediately...........