Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Foiled again

Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Foiled again

Well I got out there this morning and man it was foggy. Could barly see 20 yards. The fog did lift a little and low and behold there is a 4 to 5 point there. I watched him tear the crap out of a bush and make a rub. I had never sean that happen before. THAT WAS AWSOME!!!! I could not get a shot. If I stood up there was a branch in the way then sitting there was another branch from a diferant tree in the way. It would have been a risky shot. He was broad side to me but I just didnt want to take the chance of not getting a good shot on him. Then after he walked behind a small pine tree bush looking thing I heard him fighting with another buck. I could only see them once and a while thru the thick fog. I never did get to see the other buck to see what he was sporting for head gear. Then they where gone, so I thought. I kept looking out to far to see if he was behind that pin, then all of the sudden there he was, under the pine walking away from me. RATS!!!!! foiled again. I saw him one other time about a week ago, but he never was close enough for the shot. Maybe tonight. I hope he will come back and check his new rub. Do you all think he will??????? He has a weird rack, a fork on the one side, but it looks like a spike horn on the other with a very very long brow tine. Hope to find out soon. I would like to get something bigger, but having never got a buck with my bow I think I would be ok with a 4 point.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Foiled again

Its still cool to see deer do deer things. Have you seen them fight yet? it is pretty cool when they get out and bash heads.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like an exciting morning, a lot better than mine i foundout i have pink eye.[:@]
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

i got pink eye too i think...after 2 of my siblings got it...but i got my deer so im still happy.

any day in the woods when you see something is a good day. i love to watch them in action when they dont know im there.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Bucks fighting in bow range...awesome. I've seen bucks fighting twice last year, but they were well out of range. I did manage to video tape them and saw that they were just young bucks sparring for fun!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have not seen them fight. If it wasnt so foggy out this morning I probably would have seen them. I hope they come back for a second chance lol.