Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sent Lok

Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Spike

Default Sent Lok

I have used sent lok the past three years and have been sented twice as often as before using sent lok any ideas? I seal it in a plastic tote after each use and keep it out of the house. I had much better luck without it. Just coincidence or not?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sent Lok

I have an idea.... you wasted your money. That stuff is a $300.00 rip-off. Oh yeah by the way get the popcorn ready.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is your first post, LOL

Bob you think I am a bad speller, LMAO

Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

It's just a coincidence. Scent Lok is not going to make you smell any more like a human. Do you ever throw it in the dryer to "activate" it? Keeping your clothes out of the house and in plastic bin are a great way to rid the clothes of the scent from the house, but the fact is, you will still smell! Try the scentless shampoo and deodorant, not sure if it really works or not though. That said, Scent Lok will not work 100% of the time. There is no way to completely rid all of your human scent. Your scent has to go somewhere...unless you were a bubble boy. The best way I have actually seen to minimize scent as much as possible is in Michigan's UP (rifle hunting), people build their ground blinds and wrap the windows with saran wrap. Then, they take a long piece of PVC and run it as a vent through the ceiling, so the scent gets released wayyyyy up in the air. When they see a deer they want to shoot, they shoot right through the saran wrap!

Don't trust Scent Lok. Although I do use it, I'm not a firm believer.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

This is your first post, LOL

Bob you think I am a bad speller, LMAO

He's a Golfer ..how bright can he be??? lol

But seriously Dude..this is a common controversial post here on HNI. Some like it some hate it..There is no middle ground. Search on scent-lok till your hearts content!

And welcome..way to make a splash...is this you Atlas?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Are you sure they're smelling you and not just catching you moving or making noise? If all of the "busts" were from downwind then you probably stink too much for ScentLok to work.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Are you sure they're smelling you and not just catching you moving or making noise? If all of the "busts" were from downwind then you probably stink too much for ScentLok to work.
Kevin I can gurantee you the deer did not see him. He was wearing realtree and Bill Jordan says you vanish when you wear his product, Bills words not mine. Beside hunters never make mistakes There is always something or one to blame
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Kevin I can gurantee you the deer did not see him. He was wearing realtree and Bill Jordan says you vanish when you wear his product, Bills words not mine. Beside hunters never make mistakes There is always something or one to blame
LOL !!!!!! This is way to true!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.