Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many videotape the hunt?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default How many videotape the hunt?

I decided this year to start videoing all my hunts. I primarily decided to do this so I could watch and review all the different personality traits of different deer. I also am doing this so others can't say "liar" LOL.
I have actually enjoyed this season more than any other, I get to relive my hunts every day, show others what it is I love about bowhunting. You show someone who is on the fence about liking hunters a video of 17 deer all within 20 yards of you and an arrow never flies, they realize some hunters are not out there to kill everything that moves.
I also have my 13 yo daughter with me on some hunts and some of the commentary going on in the blind is priceless. The best line she came out with to date is when the 12 pt. flanked her left side, you can hear her on video "O' my God, He's huge..... I'm not shooting that!".

How many of you video your hunts? and why?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many videotape the hunt?

I don't video all my hunts or take shots everytime I go out to the woods. If I did I'd have a garage full of freezers and more venison than I would know what to do with! But I too get a kick out of showing people some of the video I do have and telling the stories about how I found my honey holes..........and even telling others how to hunt them or find them too. For me, that's the real treat.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM

We video them all down here hog hunting. I have all but one I killed on tape. I only go deer hunting once a year up north. I don't bring a video camera. We walk a long ways and I try to limit the stuff I am carrying.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Film them all....got a doe on film yesterday!!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

ive videod some of my hunts before and then went back and watched them. i think im going to do that somemore this year. it fun getting to watch your hunt over.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a video camera last year and I never deer hunt without it. Granted that are sometimes I am not able to turn it on in time to get the action, but watching the video I have captured is so much fun. Everyone I show gets a kick out of it. I actually bought a mount so I can put the camera on my bow and gun to take the shot. So far, I've just been able to get a kill shot on a turkey (shotgun) but hoping for a nice bow-kill buck on video this year!!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I video all my Hunts Filming has created a whole other aspect to hunting.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have always wanted to. Me and my buddy talk about all the time, but have never done it.