Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT IS WITH THIS WIND????!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 AM

Default RE: WHAT IS WITH THIS WIND????!!!!

I've found that its most unlikely they'll move in the wind during shooting hours this time of year. That means its time to get unconventional and do some still hunting from the gound and go to them. Just be very careful not to educate them too much.

I think most guys wait too long for the perfect conditons when the deer are going to move on their own......now is the perfect time to go get em.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the wind I had always stayed out of the woods in a big wind but 2 days ago we had wind 30 gusting to over 45 mph when guess what I can see my food plot from my yard with binos I saw a buck feeding I grabbed my bow put on my camo jacked and face net snuck up the hill which took about 30 minutes he was still there I hid behind some briers and on one knee would peep out to see where he was I ranged him at 25yds. While his head was down eating he couldnt see me I looked out 3 different times and he was turned wrong finally he turned broadside and I let it fly end result he ran about 75yds a nice little 7 point with a drop tine from the front and still half in velvet. So never give up in the wind you never know when a deer will feed.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

This has been the worst 3 weeks of season I can remember weather wise in a long time up here, extream heat, Gale force winds, thunder storms, very few good days to hunt so far this season.
Same here insouthwestern Pennsylvania, the weather here has been terrible, going from stinking 8o degree weather to rain and more rain. Call it "crying" or not, this season has sucked so far asMother Nature is concerned.