Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Doe call-tube
15.79%
Fawn call-tube
15.79%
Fawn in distress-tube
26.32%
Doe call-can
31.58%
Fawn call-can
5.26%
Fawn in distress-can
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best call for Does???

Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is the best call for Does???

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Really none of the above unless you can mimic the contact call of a doe or fawn.

The contact call is a a bleat that starts and then rises and falls in pitch similiar to the Can. The Can is marketed as an estrous doe bleat, I've never, ever read any scientific research saying that is actually the case. It's really nothing more than a contact call, sure it may change in pitch due to anxiousness. Mimic the Contact call and you can have does as well as bucks come to your setup.
Is the name of the call "The contact call"???
No, there is no such "made" call. You'll need to mimic it using a tube or can type call. I use my River Valley Game Calls' Deer Flute. I cup my hand around the end of the tube once it's set to doe bleat and make the pitch rise and fall by using air pressure and opening in closing my hand on the end of the tube.

This is one of the most common deer calls....in "human" words, it's a lost call, says come here, or where are you....
Old 10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really none of the above unless you can mimic the contact call of a doe or fawn.

The contact call is a a bleat that starts and then rises and falls in pitch similiar to the Can. The Can is marketed as an estrous doe bleat, I've never, ever read any scientific research saying that is actually the case. It's really nothing more than a contact call, sure it may change in pitch due to anxiousness. Mimic the Contact call and you can have does as well as bucks come to your setup.
Is the name of the call "The contact call"???
No, there is no such "made" call. You'll need to mimic it using a tube or can type call. I use my River Valley Game Calls' Deer Flute. I cup my hand around the end of the tube once it's set to doe bleat and make the pitch rise and fall by using air pressure and opening in closing my hand on the end of the tube.

This is one of the most common deer calls....in "human" words, it's a lost call, says come here, or where are you....
Oh, Ok
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I have used the fawn in distress in the early season and had doe RUN to the bottom of my stand. It is definitely the most productive call I have used.
Do you think that the fawn in distress call will still work now in Oct.?
True, getting late in the season, but I love it just the same. Just play a little Carrie Underwood. That should bring the buck in!