Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of digital cameras you all carry with you????

Old 10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What kind of digital cameras you all carry with you????

My middle daughter had bad luck with her Olympus...Viewfinder cracked on the night she graduated from Chapel Hill...I know she didn't drop it because I was with her at the time...What made me ill, she had bought it herself, paid about $299 for it, had it 6 months, bought the service plan from Best Buy and they wouldn't do a dang thing...The monitor cracked....I just can't remember the model number, I just threw it in the trash last week....

Here is what really made me mad...Customer Service won't talk to you, have to go to the Geek freeks...I informed them that I used to work for Deere and I knew that companies had fix as fail programs and asked if they would send it to Olympus and get their opinion....Guy said OK....A week later I received a phone call from a camera repair center, he didn't send it to Olympus, just lied to me....I'm through with Olympus and Best Buy.....

Thanks, I feel better....
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

btw...Do a search on the Net...I did find a couple of sites that reviewed cameras...Guess what, that Olympus model didn't fare well....
Old 10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Canon 350D (lighter than my 1D) w/a 100-400L, 17-40L, monopod or tripod depending on how far I have to walk among a whole lot of other stuff. Hey you asked....

Go with the Canon S3 or S5.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bump for myself and for sunset to look at!!!!!!

Any more responses are welcome! Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Bump for myself and for sunset to look at!!!!!!

Any more responses are welcome! Thanks!!
Thanks for bumping this. much appreciated
I've been looking for a camera since Christmas. I'm sure this will help.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem sunset I was just getting ready to pm ya!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

No problem sunset I was just getting ready to pm ya!
Thanks WMdH

Looks like Sony wins so far. There are some great photogaphers on here. Hope to hear from more of you.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM

I'll put in a second vote for the Canon s3. Although I have to admit that I JUST got it so I really haven't put it through a lot of testing. Some of the reasons I went with the Canon: 1. uses AA batteries instead of proprietary or more unusual types which could come in handy if out traveling and need new batteries in a pinch. 2. uses SD memory card which is a more universal card then something like the memory stick that goes in only Sony cameras. If I match up any new trail cameras properly, I can take my Canon camera to the field with me to use as a card reader. (My current trail cam uses compact flash, but fortunately has its own LCD screen for viewing in the field.)

Go here to find a good website to sort out all the choices. It really helped me.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

mom and dad just got me an Olympus Stylus 790SW for Christmas. i really like it. takes awesome pics for a point and shoot digi cam...and is shock proof and water proof. love the bigger LCD screen, and the fact it can take my use/abuse and weather...also good in colder temps...i really like it...im impressed by the battery pack. charged it Christmas day and been using it off and on ever since playing around, taking pics, looking at pics, etc and i havent had to charge it yet...small enough to put in your pants pocket but not too small to use....so far im 1000% happy with it...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kodak Z712 IS 12x Optical 7.1MP.

I LOVE the zoom on it.

Zoomed out all the way.

Zoomed all the way in, it's probably 350yds atleast to the deer

Quick Reply: What kind of digital cameras you all carry with you????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.