Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has pissed out of their stand?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has pissed out of their stand?

There's so many hunters going to the bathroom in the woods where I hunt I think the deer are used to the smell. No worries...just go wee wee.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

When i was younger... like 14ish i made a mock scrape in the small woods behind our house and peed in it. No one hunted behind our house becuase the wood lot was only about 40 acres. Well i was walking around int he woods a few days later (like teenage boys do) and i came across the mock scrape that i made. It was TORE UP! I was shocked. I never intended for it to work, and never had the intentions of going back to check it. Just seemed to happen that way.

Oh yea, I pee out of my stand only if my eyeballs are floating and the wind is in my favor.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not like deer have witnessed humans taking apee and then went over and smelled the spot and had the thought, "Hey, I now know what human piss smells like." Instead, they will see us walking,recgnize our human form and know what our bodys smell like, such as your body BO. They aren't smart enough to put two and two together to no what our piss smells like.
I pee out of my stands all the time with no ill effects from the deer.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does not make sense to go thru my routine of scent control and then wizz out of my stand and how do we have ANY idea of what human piss smells like to a deer and whether they make a connection.
I just always feel guilty being "scent" free going in only to drain onto the leaves under my stand. Large mouth Snapple Bottles
Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took my uncle hunting quite a few years back and set him up in a spot. Before it was light he takes a leak about 20 yards from his stand. An hour later he kills a nice 8 Point tearing up the spot he pissed in. I don't think it is a problem doing that near your stand however I usually do not.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I do all the time. Has never effected my hunting. I use to do the bottle thing, but found out urine doesnt bother deer. Or from my experience, it hasnt. I have had deer come and make ascrape where ive urinated before. I found that interesting. Might be the testosterone in it, not quite sure, but they did start a bigscrape right where I urinated once. It was either the testosterone, or the fact that my eminations are nothing short of pure gold.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

ive pissed out of my stand before or right before i climb up and it dont seem to bother the deer.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

if ya gotta go ya gotta go, nothing you can do!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

try a portable camping toilet that has a seat on a five gallon bucket or just take a five gallon bucket with you
Old 10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never pee'd from a bow stand. Gun stands yea. It seems like really shouldn't worry about it, as so many of yuo have shown it not to be detrimental,but its just a tough thing to get used to. A buck can tell how close a doe is to estrous from her P, but he can't tellmy P is human? [&:]

Quick Reply: Who has pissed out of their stand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.