Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AM vs PM and Temperatures

Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default AM vs PM and Temperatures

I'm not one of those guys that can go out and hunt every day or every other day. I can get one or two outings per week into my schedule. So far, I've been getting out for sunset hunting.

I got to thinking though, that the amount of deer movement during PM hunting when it's 50-55 degrees may not be as good as AM hunting when it's 30-35 degrees. I read a hunting magazine recently, I think in a doctor's office, that said the magic deer movement temperature was around 43 degrees. If there's a grain of truth in that, I'd see more deer in the 30ish AM than the 50ish PM, right?

What do you guys think? If schedules didn't matter, if getting yourself out of bed didn't matter--if the wind direction was the same, would you prefer AM or PM hunting (and why) and how does the temperature factor in for you?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: AM vs PM and Temperatures

I think I would agree with your logic that the AM may be better depending on the type of stand locations that you are hunting.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AM vs PM and Temperatures

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I think I would agree with your logic that the AM may be better depending on the type of stand locations that you are hunting.
I have a couple stands to choose from but tomorrow's location is in a transit area, closer to the bedding than the food. For what it's worth, I'm only able to take antlerless there at the moment because it's Earn-a-Buck and I've not yet earned my buck.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]