Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent lock clothes in the store

Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Default RE: scent lock clothes in the store

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ummm Atlas I was not wearing anything when I did this, LOL Almost 20 years ago
Did what?

When I hunted anything, which is way differnet than I hunt today.
Has nothing to do with this topic.

Today I am scentLok free, just get tired of listenting to the same few with their tired message
You and me both

Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pumkin I see your bored, LOL

Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

If ya care. It's washing that kills the garment. As long as they aren't washing them in the store I don't care.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Mans best friend knows what to do. What does a good hunting dog do right after you give it a bath?
It goes out and finds the grossest smelling thing it can to role in and get rid of that human shampoo smell.
The scent lok suit is so when you go role in dog doo, you can take it off later and it blocks that smell from getting on you, stays with the suit, but you come out fresh as a daisy.
Then ya got to wear that Xscent stuff undernieth to kill yur odors so as not to funk up the dog doo smell.

Seriously, I have Scent block pants and jacket that I wouldn't wear if they were not comfortable, quiet, breathable, waterproof, and usable through a wide range of temperatures. Other garments with out carbon but with the same qualities mentioned above are about the same in price. The carbon is pretty much a bonus in my book. I take care of it as instructed and pay no attention to the slogan, "forget the wind just hunt." I'll forget the wind when I stop breathing.
I have to say that I'm doing something right. The last deer walked right in on the same trail I walked in on. Was 40-45 yards down wind for quite a while and then walked straight in.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM

I agree with you wack. I am really looking in to buying a good set of camo, and it just seems that all the high quality ones are the same price as the scent lok ones, so why not go with the carbon set.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know i wash every bit of clothes when i buy them weather it is scent lock or not which i do not own
in scent free soap
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing I'd change is the leg zippers. I'd put them on the outside where they belong. On the inside, I'm always tripping on them when I have the zippers open. I'd also make the zipper go a lot higher so I can get them on/off with my boots on. I dress outside, usually sitting on my tailgate, Got to take my socks and shoes off, stand up and put my pants on, then my clean socks and boots. Full leg zippers you can take your pants off or put them on with your boots on. Big advantage. Other than that, the ones I have fit the bill just fine and should last a long time. I hope.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Tom

Don't takes this the wrong way, but having a MI 1.5 year deer as your test is not very good one.

I have walk right up to them, I have thrown my quiver at them in NE LP to get them to leave. Start knocking down mature deer on year to year bases with a bow with your tactics and then I will listen.

Which is why burniegoealily is a guy I respect and listin to about products and tactics.

We are hunting two differnet animals, nothing wrong with that at all.
Awwww, gorsh, Thanks. That made me feel good.
Well don't let it go to your head Still p!ssed about shaving a perfectly good head of hair
Dont worry, ill grow it back sometime.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Id say to those who have scent loc, use them. Every advantage you can get helps. I dont own any because I cant justify the price. Besides, I can impregnate all my clothes with activated carbon in my lab, which I do.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Droptine just make sure to keep the other firefighters away from the oven while you're doing this. Hate to see your scenlok end up on the table at the station. (slight humor)

Quick Reply: scent lock clothes in the store

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.