Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent lock clothes in the store

Old 10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: scent lock clothes in the store

Tom

Don't takes this the wrong way, but having a MI 1.5 year deer as your test is not very good one.

I have walk right up to them, I have thrown my quiver at them in NE LP to get them to leave. Start knocking down mature deer on year to year bases with a bow with your tactics and then I will listen.

Which is why burniegoealily is a guy I respect and listin to about products and tactics.

We are hunting two differnet animals, nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

I find it funny watchingsome huntingshows likedrury outdoors (they endorse scentblocker) and hear them say things like this while hunting "if that buck turns theother way he will wind us for sure".

Wait a second...I thought you didn't have to worry about getting winded if you are wearing a carbon suit! They say forget the wind

I think a lot of times when people who make claims of deer not winding them even though the animal was downwind of them it may be due to other reasons than carbon suits.Why do I think this? Because thesame thing happens to people who are NOT wearing carbon suits at times

For instance when hunting in the morning while the sun is risingthermal currents can carry your scent over a deer
Old 10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Because it doesn't REALLY matter?
I agree. Ive got buddies who spend$100son scent loc,and have less success than I. They get a false sense of security and dont realize that most of ourstink comes from our mouth. Play the wind, and save the money.
Two types hunters buy scentLok

1.AHunter looking for every advantage he can

2.AHunter looking to help cover up his poor hunting methods

To say it does not work for some, and does for others is pointless. More about hunter than anything.
I know guys who buy the best and fastest bows and still miss, and then I know guys who shoot the slowest most beat up bows I have ever seen and never miss

You know I watch a realtree comercial this weekend, Bill said I would vanish.I put some on, and to my suprise, I was still visble to my wife
Very true. Ive seen this very same debate over mechanicals vs fixed heads.

To each his own. If it helps, and you are a good hunter, great. I have found little use for them, but if others like them, no problem. Im a fond believe in the notion, "hunt the way you want. Its no bodies buisness. If it makes you happy and secure, thats all that is important". Im just putting forth my oppinion, nothing more. What is my oppinion worth? Well if you take my oppinion and 50 cents, you can get a cup of coffee. Not at Starbucks though.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Tom

Don't takes this the wrong way, but having a MI 1.5 year deer as your test is not very good one.

I have walk right up to them, I have thrown my quiver at them in NE LP to get them to leave. Start knocking down mature deer on year to year bases with a bow with your tactics and then I will listen.

Which is why burniegoealily is a guy I respect and listin to about products and tactics.

Awwww, gorsh, Thanks. That made me feel good.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO this stuff works. It's not the cureto all scentcontrolhowever.I've always been real careful with my clothes and taking scent free showers before every hunt.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER had ONE deer wind me in the 2 years I have been wearing Scent Blocker.

So far this year I have experimented with wearing it on some hunts and not on others. One morning without Scent Blocker I had 4 deer come in downwind and bust me..the next day same stand, same preperation, just with my Scent suit on and different results.

I always make sure everything I wear has been washed properly and sprayed down with Scent Killer, I wear rubber boots, and only wear my last layer while driving my truck to my hunting spot. I use Scent Blocker as another tool in my arsenal, and not as the answer to all scent stopping problems.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Tom

Awwww, gorsh, Thanks. That made me feel good.
Well don't let it go to your head Still p!ssed about shaving a perfectly good head of hair
Old 10-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, if I remember correctly there were a suggestion to wash the Scent Blocker outfit after I bought it and to leave it to dry outside. I could be wrong, but I thought that is what I had to do.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love everyone on this site..!!!

And as soon as I have a bit of free time I will CUT my suit open and sew.. DAMMIT!

I'm not even really sure what that means.... but none the less you have thwarted me and my attempts to prove a point statjunk. Kudos to you sir!

[8D]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I can honestly say that I have NEVER had ONE deer wind me in the 2 years I have been wearing Scent Blocker.

None that you saw atleast!!

Quick Reply: scent lock clothes in the store

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.